Topic
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-11-20T16:38:21Z by SystemAdmin
font
font
3 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Hung RPRG license

‏2012-11-19T22:48:47Z |
User was on VPN and session hung. Now the license shows still checked out to user since 11/14. I tried the lmremove command but get 'no feature exists'. IF RPRG is not the feature name, I don't know what is. This is Doors 9.3 BTW using seperate license server from DOORs host. FLEXnet Licensing (v11.8.0.0 build 80733 i86_n3

C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\RationalRLKS\common>lmutil lmremove -c "C:\Program Fi
les (x86)\IBM\RationalRLKS\common\2012_04.license.lic" -h RPRG esafwlic01 27000
lmutil - Copyright (c) 1989-2009 Flexera Software, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
lmremove: No such feature exists. (-5,411)

C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\RationalRLKS\common>lmutil lmremove -c "C:\Program Fi
les (x86)\IBM\RationalRLKS\common\2012_04.license.lic" -h RPRG L-fmp65l1 27000@e
safwlic01 1501

les (x86)\IBM\RationalRLKS\common\2012_04.license.lic" -h RPRG ftwdoorsp001 2700
0@esafwlic01 1501
Any help on how to free a hung license? stop/start of license server didn't work and if that doesn't, I don't know what would.
Updated on 2012-11-20T16:38:21Z at 2012-11-20T16:38:21Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    346 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Hung RPRG license

‏2012-11-19T23:44:37Z  in response to font
    There could be a number of reasons for this.

Did you stop and stop the FlexNet service via the LMTools\Admin GUI or did you use Unix Kill or Windows Services to start and stop? I have a nagging memory that if you use the LMTools\Admin GUI to do a license Refresh or a service Start & Stop that it was unreliable but I am going back a few years and this may have since been fixed up. I know that using Unix Kill or Windows Services definitely did a clean restart of the lmgrd service from scratch.

As for not being able to use the lmremove function - command line access to this function can actually be disabled, you would need to check the command line for starting the lmgrd service to see if the option switch "-x lmremove" has been included which will disable this function.

Was the VPN access to DOORS via a CITRIX or Remote Desktop instance of the DOORS Client, or was it via a DOORS client that is actually installed on the users PC? The reason I ask is that you mentioned that after restarting the License server the license remained checked out. If CITRIX or a Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) using Terminal Services is being used this can occur because an instance of a DOORS client is still open on a users CITRX\RDC session and this is keeping its license check-out alive - that is, after the License server restart an active DOORS client has attempted to re-establish the checked out license. When a users VPN\LAN connection is interrupted, a users session on a remote server can still be active as the user has not technically logged off the remote connection.

Paul Miller,
    Melbourne, Australia
  • font
    font
    3 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-20T14:06:32Z  in response to font
    I used the lmtools gui. Stop/start thru services did not work either. I verified that the lmremove was not disabled before trying it. I will verify that user was using version loaded on laptop, but I believe that is why it is showing checked out host as his laptoh
    Anybody got any other ideas? I hate to reboot a license server hosting many different licenses for this. There should be a better solution.
  • font
    font
    3 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-20T14:08:00Z  in response to font
    What I find odd is that it's telling me the feature name is wrong and yet it is not. That is what is showing in lmstat command as well.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    346 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-20T16:38:21Z  in response to font
    RPRG is a license feature which comes along with IBM Rational Rhapsody. RPRG is a prefix to a license which supports integration with other products. Some of the common RPRG license features are

RPRG
    RPRG_DOORS
    RPRG_X2TXT
    RPRG_REQPRO
    RPRG_RP
    RPRG_SIMULINK
    RPRG_TAGGER
    RPRG_CALIBERRM

Can you post your lmstat -a output ?