Topic
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-11-21T16:10:43Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
6772 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic How to setup dedicated log target for WSP and all related objects

‏2012-11-19T20:36:52Z |
We need to setup dedicated log targets each of our clients. It is convenient in that we proxy their web services, and so we can create a dedicated log target subscribing to the object(s) of the web service dedicated for each client.

When setting it up, is it correct to go to the object filter tab, select "WSGateway", enter the name of the WSP and its related objects we want to log, and then select "Add Referenced Objects". Will that cover everything on the WSP?

That is, suppose we have a AAA policy, an SLM policy, etc., will I need to also subscribe to those by type and name?
Updated on 2012-11-21T16:10:43Z at 2012-11-21T16:10:43Z by SystemAdmin
  • Trey
    Trey
    222 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: How to setup dedicated log target for WSP and all related objects

‏2012-11-20T23:57:32Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Joe,
    Depending on the firmware version you are using, I believe there is a known issue in 4.0.2 and 4.0.1 where the object filter may not work properly in some cases. Unfortunately I am having a hard time finding any eta on that at the minute.

I hope you do not mind this suggestion but I would run a few simple failure cases where you expect the AAA, SLM, backend connection, processing policy match, etc to fail and compare your custom log target to an "all" "info" or "all" debug" log target running at the same time.

This helps me a lot when I am debugging or trying to make sure I trap enough information especially for failure cases.

I believe some AAA and SLM actions are included in the referenced objects but with the known bug and honestly the fact that I would rather see it for myself .. I suggest test and compare to remove all doubt.
    Hope this helps.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      6772 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: How to setup dedicated log target for WSP and all related objects

‏2012-11-21T16:10:43Z  in response to Trey
      Running in debug mode subscribed to all events... I don't see anything missing, so that helps. We are running 4.0.2.8. We're about to launch UAT, so I'm sure to see just about every kind of failure.