Topic
8 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-01-21T00:42:02Z by Arjunvs
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
7615 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Transferring data from 1 process app to another without starting an instanc

‏2012-11-19T05:57:16Z |
Hi i would like to transfer data collected from one pa to another without starting an instance of that process... Currently i cn do it with uca in a toolkit but my problem is that it starts that process.
Updated on 2013-01-21T00:42:02Z at 2013-01-21T00:42:02Z by Arjunvs
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Transferring data from 1 process app to another without starting an instanc

‏2012-11-19T07:15:17Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Im using bpm 8
    Not sure if marking my BO as shared would help?
    Ive declared my BO in a toolkit that both processes apps can access...tried marking it as a shared business object bt it still doesnt transfer the data
    Thank you
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-19T12:32:15Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    What i did is in process app 1 ive declared a private variable a of type mysharedBO
    And populatedthe list....
    Then in process app 2 ive declared a private variable b of type mysharedBO
    Var key = tw.local.b.metadata("key");
    Tw.local.b = new tw.object.mysharedBO(key);

Then i list the results
    I know this is probably wrong but theres nt enough detailed documentation of what should be done where and how ..
    Thanks
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      7615 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-25T16:15:59Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Tyour question is a bit unclear. Are you trying to transfer the values between 2 existing process instances?

Andrew Paier | Director of Special Operations | BP3 Global, Inc. www.bp-3.com
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        7615 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-16T13:24:14Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Hi andrew sorry for the late reply... Yes
        Ive got to process instances running...
        Now what i want is that if process 1 clicks cancell ,i want process 2 to cancell as well. So i figured d only way to achieve dis is if i have d process instance id of process 2 and den i cn use d script to cancel it in process 1

If theres an easier way to do dis please do share

And thank you
        • OfirShani1
          OfirShani1
          52 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-16T13:43:41Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          Even though I don’t use BPM 8 so I don’t have private/global/shared variables,

I don’t understand why you can’t use intermediate events in a process to develop this type of integration. Just leave and intermediate event at a parallel path of the current process for it to listen to events from another process.

Please correct me if I didn’t understand you right.
          • SystemAdmin
            SystemAdmin
            7615 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-17T09:19:56Z  in response to OfirShani1
            That is absolutly right and beillant...shouldve thought abt that...but wont it start another instance of the process when it get invoked
            • OfirShani1
              OfirShani1
              52 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-17T12:39:31Z  in response to SystemAdmin
              No, intermediate events do not start new process instances.
              • Arjunvs
                Arjunvs
                33 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-01-21T00:42:02Z  in response to OfirShani1
                Just ensure you set the right correlation while calling a UCA to send message to an IME.