Topic
  • 8 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-01-21T00:42:02Z by Arjunvs
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
7615 Posts

Pinned topic Transferring data from 1 process app to another without starting an instanc

‏2012-11-19T05:57:16Z |
Hi i would like to transfer data collected from one pa to another without starting an instance of that process... Currently i cn do it with uca in a toolkit but my problem is that it starts that process.
Updated on 2013-01-21T00:42:02Z at 2013-01-21T00:42:02Z by Arjunvs
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts

Re: Transferring data from 1 process app to another without starting an instanc

‏2012-11-19T07:15:17Z  
    Im using bpm 8
    Not sure if marking my BO as shared would help?
    Ive declared my BO in a toolkit that both processes apps can access...tried marking it as a shared business object bt it still doesnt transfer the data
    Thank you
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts

‏2012-11-19T12:32:15Z  
    What i did is in process app 1 ive declared a private variable a of type mysharedBO
    And populatedthe list....
    Then in process app 2 ive declared a private variable b of type mysharedBO
    Var key = tw.local.b.metadata("key");
    Tw.local.b = new tw.object.mysharedBO(key);

Then i list the results
    I know this is probably wrong but theres nt enough detailed documentation of what should be done where and how ..
    Thanks
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts

‏2012-11-25T16:15:59Z  
    What i did is in process app 1 ive declared a private variable a of type mysharedBO
    And populatedthe list....
    Then in process app 2 ive declared a private variable b of type mysharedBO
    Var key = tw.local.b.metadata("key");
    Tw.local.b = new tw.object.mysharedBO(key);

Then i list the results
    I know this is probably wrong but theres nt enough detailed documentation of what should be done where and how ..
    Thanks
    Tyour question is a bit unclear. Are you trying to transfer the values between 2 existing process instances?

Andrew Paier | Director of Special Operations | BP3 Global, Inc. www.bp-3.com
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts

‏2013-01-16T13:24:14Z  
    Tyour question is a bit unclear. Are you trying to transfer the values between 2 existing process instances?

Andrew Paier | Director of Special Operations | BP3 Global, Inc. www.bp-3.com
    Hi andrew sorry for the late reply... Yes
    Ive got to process instances running...
    Now what i want is that if process 1 clicks cancell ,i want process 2 to cancell as well. So i figured d only way to achieve dis is if i have d process instance id of process 2 and den i cn use d script to cancel it in process 1

If theres an easier way to do dis please do share

And thank you
  • OfirShani1
    OfirShani1
    53 Posts

‏2013-01-16T13:43:41Z  
    Hi andrew sorry for the late reply... Yes
    Ive got to process instances running...
    Now what i want is that if process 1 clicks cancell ,i want process 2 to cancell as well. So i figured d only way to achieve dis is if i have d process instance id of process 2 and den i cn use d script to cancel it in process 1

If theres an easier way to do dis please do share

And thank you
    Even though I don’t use BPM 8 so I don’t have private/global/shared variables,

I don’t understand why you can’t use intermediate events in a process to develop this type of integration. Just leave and intermediate event at a parallel path of the current process for it to listen to events from another process.

Please correct me if I didn’t understand you right.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    7615 Posts

‏2013-01-17T09:19:56Z  
    Even though I don’t use BPM 8 so I don’t have private/global/shared variables,

I don’t understand why you can’t use intermediate events in a process to develop this type of integration. Just leave and intermediate event at a parallel path of the current process for it to listen to events from another process.

Please correct me if I didn’t understand you right.
    That is absolutly right and beillant...shouldve thought abt that...but wont it start another instance of the process when it get invoked
  • OfirShani1
    OfirShani1
    53 Posts

‏2013-01-17T12:39:31Z  
    That is absolutly right and beillant...shouldve thought abt that...but wont it start another instance of the process when it get invoked
    No, intermediate events do not start new process instances.
  • Arjunvs
    Arjunvs
    33 Posts

‏2013-01-21T00:42:02Z  
    No, intermediate events do not start new process instances.
    Just ensure you set the right correlation while calling a UCA to send message to an IME.