Topic
  • 14 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-11-20T15:03:02Z by Vipsy
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1305 Posts

Pinned topic Animation toolbar is being disabled

‏2012-11-18T16:04:54Z |
Hi, im using IBM rhapsody to create a couple of animations of state charts. I created a simple state chart with state a and state b with a transtion from a to b and b to a with event names event1 and event2. I ran the statechart and it was succesfully compiled and built. But the animation tool bar is being disabled and i could to perform any animation on the state chart. Please help.
Updated on 2012-11-20T15:03:02Z at 2012-11-20T15:03:02Z by Vipsy
  • purban
    purban
    59 Posts

Re: Animation toolbar is being disabled

‏2012-11-18T20:32:33Z  
    Did you specify to include Instrumentation in the settings for the Code Generation Configuration prior to generating code?

See the help topic:
    http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/rhaphlp/v8/topic/com.ibm.rhp.animation.doc/topics/rhp_t_dm_setting_instrumentation.html
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1305 Posts

‏2012-11-18T20:41:35Z  
    • purban
    • ‏2012-11-18T20:32:33Z
    Did you specify to include Instrumentation in the settings for the Code Generation Configuration prior to generating code?

See the help topic:
    http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/rhaphlp/v8/topic/com.ibm.rhp.animation.doc/topics/rhp_t_dm_setting_instrumentation.html
    Yes, i selected animation in instrumentation mode before running the code and the time model is 'real'. Let me know if i need to change anything else
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1305 Posts

‏2012-11-18T20:42:50Z  
    Yes, i selected animation in instrumentation mode before running the code and the time model is 'real'. Let me know if i need to change anything else
    Do you have more than one Rhapsody instance open?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1305 Posts

‏2012-11-18T20:52:59Z  
    Do you have more than one Rhapsody instance open?
    no, i opened only one instance Rhapsody 8.0
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1305 Posts

‏2012-11-18T20:57:45Z  
    no, i opened only one instance Rhapsody 8.0
    So, you build the model successfully, then you ran the model but the Animation toolbar is not displayed or is disabled?
    Can you show me a picture?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1305 Posts

‏2012-11-18T21:07:03Z  
    So, you build the model successfully, then you ran the model but the Animation toolbar is not displayed or is disabled?
    attached is the image that says the state chart build is done without errors
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1305 Posts

‏2012-11-18T21:07:46Z  
    attached is the image that shows the animation tab in toolbars but is disabled
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1305 Posts

‏2012-11-18T21:37:50Z  
    attached is the image that shows the animation tab in toolbars but is disabled
    Animation toolbar become visible and enabled by running the code.
    To generate code, build the application and run the application in one step (GMR), use one of the following methods:

1) Select Code > Generate/Make/Run.
    2) Click the Generate/Make/Run tool in the Code toolbar.

Question: did you select the scope for your default component? (check this: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/rhaphlp/v8/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rhp.animation.doc%2Ftopics%2Frhp_t_dm_setting_instrumentation.html)
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1305 Posts

‏2012-11-18T23:41:54Z  
    Animation toolbar become visible and enabled by running the code.
    To generate code, build the application and run the application in one step (GMR), use one of the following methods:

1) Select Code > Generate/Make/Run.
    2) Click the Generate/Make/Run tool in the Code toolbar.

Question: did you select the scope for your default component? (check this: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/rhaphlp/v8/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rhp.animation.doc%2Ftopics%2Frhp_t_dm_setting_instrumentation.html)
    Hi I ran the code (GMR) already and was successfully built. The first picture/snapshot built.png is related to that. I changed instrumentation mode to animation. I could not find the 'instrumentation scope' link on the default config settings. Please help
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1305 Posts

‏2012-11-19T08:12:16Z  
    Hi I ran the code (GMR) already and was successfully built. The first picture/snapshot built.png is related to that. I changed instrumentation mode to animation. I could not find the 'instrumentation scope' link on the default config settings. Please help
    The scope is set on component level (see attachment)
    So, after you click GMR button, a command window should be open and also the Animation toolbar should be displayed (see attachment)
    Is also the case for you?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1305 Posts

‏2012-11-19T08:13:33Z  
    The scope is set on component level (see attachment)
    So, after you click GMR button, a command window should be open and also the Animation toolbar should be displayed (see attachment)
    Is also the case for you?
    Here is the attachment
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1305 Posts

‏2012-11-19T08:14:53Z  
    Here is the attachment
    It seems I cannot attach the file...
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1305 Posts

‏2012-11-19T08:40:23Z  
    It seems I cannot attach the file...
    Last try...
  • Vipsy
    Vipsy
    37 Posts

‏2012-11-20T15:03:02Z  
    Last try...
    can you upload the model ? That should help to figure out what is exactly wrong.