Topic
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-11-18T21:01:27Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1305 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic License for Rhapsody trail version 8.0

‏2012-11-18T15:01:14Z |
Hi, I downloaded the ibm rhapsody trail version 8.0 and it is about expire in 10 days. Iam a university student and i got the license from my university now. How do i activate the tool permanently on my system now? I have the file server name where the location of the key is (****@88.utdallas.edu).
Updated on 2012-11-18T21:01:27Z at 2012-11-18T21:01:27Z by SystemAdmin
  • purban
    purban
    59 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: License for Rhapsody trail version 8.0

‏2012-11-18T15:31:48Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    The path to the license file can be tricky sometimes. There are a lot of ways to specify the license path but here is a quick way to get going. Back up the eval license first. If you have the license file for your university then you could copy that to where your evaluation license is currently since that's going to expire anyway. Rhapsody will then read the license for the server and put in a request for a license from it. You can find the path to the license file if you do a Help->About and then click on license in Rhapsody.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      1305 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-18T15:39:15Z  in response to purban
      Hi I do not have the eval key.dat file, i have only the location of the files. This is what i was asked to do by the university people:
      • connect to the UTD network through the VPN
      • launch Rhapsody
      • when prompted for the license, choose file server and enter this string: *****@*****.utdallas.edu
      • purban
        purban
        59 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-18T20:27:21Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        You indicated that you already had an evaluation key since you only had 10 days left. If Rhapsody finds a license file then it won't put up a prompt to specify a license file. Change the name of that evaluation license file and the next time you start Rhapsody you will get the prompt that allows you to specify the license server.
        • SystemAdmin
          SystemAdmin
          1305 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-18T21:01:27Z  in response to purban
          Thankyou so much. I will do that soon and update