IC5Notice: We have upgraded developerWorks Community to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
Topic
  • 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-11-19T12:03:41Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
12 Posts

Pinned topic NCM and NETCONF

‏2012-11-17T00:12:31Z |
I believe that intelliden as a product supported NETCONF. From the manuals of NCM I can not see where NETCONF is still supported in version 6.3. Does NCM still have native NETCONF capability?
Updated on 2012-11-19T12:03:41Z at 2012-11-19T12:03:41Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    12 Posts

Re: NCM and NETCONF

‏2012-11-19T12:03:41Z  
    BradPeters, I believe it isn't so much if NCM has the support but if the device does.

By default in NCM drivers, pretty much all Cisco devices don't use it, opting instead to use device commands during NCM interactions (in Telnet/SSH sessions). On the other hand, Juniper devices use a mixture of both device commands and XML. I've never used NETCONF directly but I do believe that Juniper XML's are similar to NETCONF.

Here's a snippet of Juniper's driver script. The code is to read the device's running configuration and NCM sends these directly to the terminal.

# Running config config.running.01.send=junoscript\r config.running.02.wait=--> config.running.03.send=<?xml version=
    "1.0" encoding=
    "us-ascii"?>\r config.running.04.send=<junoscript version=
    "1.0" junos:key=
    "key">\r config.running.05.wait=--> config.running.06.send=<rpc><get-configuration database=
    "committed"/></rpc>\r config.running.end=</rpc-reply>

Please let me know if it's similar to NETCONF.