Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-11-19T13:52:21Z by jcma
CarlosMVargasG
CarlosMVargasG
7 Posts

Pinned topic Images not Displaying in Portal when I'm not in the network or in a VPN

‏2012-11-16T20:56:09Z |
I've installed BPM 7.5.1 and everything is OK but when i tried to enter to the portal website http://172.16.1.80/portal/, the page doesn't load well, some images and components never load (see the screenshot). I'm using an IHS, I've tried connecting from the IHS and from the server using the 9080 port.
I'm connected through a VPN connection, when I enter to the portal website from another PC from inside the network everything works well..

Hope someone could help me with this problem

Thanks in advance.

Regards.
Updated on 2012-11-19T13:52:21Z at 2012-11-19T13:52:21Z by jcma
  • kolban
    kolban
    3316 Posts

Re: Images not Displaying in Portal when I'm not in the network or in a VPN

‏2012-11-16T22:25:18Z  
    A couple of thoughts. Try clearing the cache of your browser. If at some time in the past a CSS or other static file was loading and somehow became corrupted, sometime we get pages like you show because the browser thinks it has a good local copy of a static file even though it is bad.

Another thought is to switch on browser logging of HTTP requests and see if any of them are failing.

Neil
  • vlit
    vlit
    922 Posts

‏2012-11-17T14:54:28Z  
    Hi,
    I think, the root of your issue is hyperlink what using IP, not a hostname.
    I advice you write hostname of your server and its IP in the file named hosts in your workstation.
    Then the hostname will be resolved correctly and you will be able to look for pictures.

Vladlen.
  • vlit
    vlit
    922 Posts

‏2012-11-17T15:00:15Z  
    • vlit
    • ‏2012-11-17T14:54:28Z
    Hi,
    I think, the root of your issue is hyperlink what using IP, not a hostname.
    I advice you write hostname of your server and its IP in the file named hosts in your workstation.
    Then the hostname will be resolved correctly and you will be able to look for pictures.

Vladlen.
    It's a feature of the portal - the hyperlinks to images and CSS files use hostname, not IP.
    Hostname not resolved through VPN and hyperlinks don't work.

Vladlen.
  • jcma
    jcma
    7 Posts

‏2012-11-19T13:52:21Z  
    Hi Carlos,

As always first things first backup backup backup just for safety.

If you edit 99Local.xml file you will find some entries like this

<!-- Prefix for urls that refer to the portal -->
    <portal-prefix>*http://some_machine_host_name:9080*/portal</portal-prefix>

just remove from every url the "http://some_machine_host_name:9080" part and leave the rest of the urls

it should work now every css and image or skin that you acess on the protal.

Regards,
    Jamador