Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
5 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-11-27T16:25:51Z by SystemAdmin
osesto
osesto
9 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Optim Designer 9.1

‏2012-11-16T20:02:19Z |
Does anyone know what happened to the functionality "Transform to Optim Logical data Model" contextual option in a Data Model Project?
Updated on 2012-11-27T16:25:51Z at 2012-11-27T16:25:51Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    304 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Optim Designer 9.1

‏2012-11-16T20:34:27Z  in response to osesto
    Hello,

I asked in-house (as I do a lot of work with Optim z and Optim Distributed) and received the following information regarding the question:

2.2.3: create DSE --> create DBAlias --> create physical model --> transform to logical --> create AD
    9.1: create DSA --> create AD

Currently, for those who want to convert non-Optim physical models, they will use the Import Model Integration option....

I hope this helps,
    Kevin
    • osesto
      osesto
      9 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-16T20:58:10Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Thank you for your replay.

Can you point out what DSE and DSA stand for.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    304 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-19T02:00:47Z  in response to osesto
    Hi osesto,
    Beginning with version 9.1, there is no more need to "Transform To Optim Logical Data Model". That functionality was due to the old Optim Designer (2.x) being built on top of InfoSphere Data Architect (IDA), where you would model your db in IDA and then add metadata to it that Optim could leverage to build services against. New in 9.1, Designer is a fully standalone product that no longer relies on IDA and that more closely mimics the Optim classic UI - Optim Relationships, Show Steps, and all the other goodies that Optim practitioners have been waiting for.

For a basic test, all from within Designer (using the new Repository):
    >>Add a database alias
    >>Add a new folder for your work
    >>Build a new Access Definition in that new folder, using some tables from your db alias
    >>Build a simple Extract service to pull that data based on your Access Definition

Once you start to use it, you'll see that the new interface is much cleaner and more aligned with the way that things have been working with Optim for many years - with all the extra work like "transform to optim logical data model" and "build alternate key" removed. Of course, you are still entitled to use IDA, but its not a requirement anymore.

Hope that helps, if you have specific questions post them up - I'm sure lots of people are curious about the new toolset.

Cheers,
    Matt
    • osesto
      osesto
      9 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-19T15:58:04Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      I must day: Houston I got a problem!

Manually selecting the tables to extract and mask is not the answer for what I need to do, because the database is very large and I do not know which table contains sensitive data.

I actually must use what IBM InfoSphere Discovery gave me as output by selecting the "Export Optim Data Model" option.
      With version 2.2.3 of Designer I just import that project into Designer, convert the physical data models to optim logical data model and run extract, convert and archive request as required without selecting any table and privacy policy manually.

Thanks for your answer.
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        304 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-27T16:25:51Z  in response to osesto
        Hi. The integration with Discovery is due out in the next fix pack for optim designer 9.1 - fp02
        This should be out sometime in December 2012. This will provide an import facility for Discovery data models.