Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
1 reply Latest Post - ‏2012-11-16T18:16:34Z by PWConner
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
225 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic NETSTAT

‏2012-11-16T17:53:10Z |
I'm trying to do a NETSTAT from the command prompt in RDp. I get the following error message:

NETSTAT
Command NETSTAT not allowed in this setting.
Cause . . . . . : The complete list of settings includes: batch, interactive, batch control language (CL) program, interactive CL program, batch REXX procedure, interactive REXX procedure, batch CL ILE program, interactive CL ILE program, CALL to QCMDEXC, and various types of source statements. The Display Command (DSPCMD) command can be used to determine the setting in which the command is allowed. Recovery . . . : Omit the command.
Error found on NETSTAT command.
Cause . . . . . : The system detected errors in the command. Recovery . . . : See the previously listed messages in the job log. Correct the errors and then try the command again. *N instead of a command name means that the name had not been determined before the error was found.
What am I missing here? Why can't I run a NETSTAT via RDP?
Updated on 2012-11-16T18:16:34Z at 2012-11-16T18:16:34Z by PWConner
  • PWConner
    PWConner
    53 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: NETSTAT

‏2012-11-16T18:16:34Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    NetStat uses a green screen display (it's interactive). Executing commands in RDp that run in interactive mode is a pain and not worth the time.