Topic
10 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-11-20T22:53:47Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
445 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Property Column in Preview Pane

‏2012-11-16T16:59:11Z |
Currently it appears that the property columns in browse and search's document preview pane do not populate until the document title is selected. Is this by design, and if so, is there a way to override it so that all of the properties configured in the repository level of the admin desktop automatically appear in browse and search?
Updated on 2012-11-20T22:53:47Z at 2012-11-20T22:53:47Z by SystemAdmin
  • damorris
    damorris
    765 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Property Column in Preview Pane

‏2012-11-17T14:08:25Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    When a user selects a document in the content list, the property pane is updated to generate a thumbnail (if enabled) and to add all of the Class specific properties as well as the System properties. If you close the preview pane altogether then those events never fire to improve performance when selecting documents in the content list (and to not generate thumbnails if enabled).

Beyond that, I'm not sure I understand the question. Can you elaborate on what you see currently and what you want to change?
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      445 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-19T15:29:11Z  in response to damorris
      Ok, I understand the performance consideration for the property values, I was just wondering if that was by design. I understand that it is. It would be nice to be able to configure the content list display columns to load the individual values on browse similar to the way it can be done in search results, but that is not an issue at this point.

On the thumbnail issue however, we have our desktop configured to show them, but they are not shown at the top of the right hand properties column as depicted in the Content Navigator documentation. Instead, a larger version of the icon mapped to the content's mime type is displayed in it's place.
      • damorris
        damorris
        765 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-19T15:55:40Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        On the first point, we've heard that requirement and it's on our backlog. I'd advise caution when it's finally implemented as it can lead to a very ugly view if you put too many different properties in there that aren't uniform across classes.

For which file types? The default mime type icon is shown for file types where ICN cannot generate a thumbnail. It will also be shown if something is wrong with the environment. One typical issue I've seen is that the System PATH has another Oracle Stellent INSO version in the path that takes precedence over the ICN one, thereby causing a lot of issues with viewing, thumbnails, etc.
        • SystemAdmin
          SystemAdmin
          445 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-19T17:52:34Z  in response to damorris
          It seems to be for all file types including the most basic (.tif, .doc, .txt, etc.) Our DB is MS SQL, so I don't know how relevant duplicat Stellent entries would be, but on the off chance that MS SQL could be presenting the same sort of pathology; Our system path looks like this.

PATH=C:\Windows\system32;
          C:\Windows;
          C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;
          C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;
          C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\;
          C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\;
          C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\Binn\;
          C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\VSShell\Common7\IDE\;
          C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\Binn\;
          C:\IBM\FileNet\ContentEngine\bin;
          C:\IBM\FileNet\ProcessEngine
          • damorris
            damorris
            765 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-19T20:29:24Z  in response to SystemAdmin
            Why do you have ContentEngine\bin and ProcessEngine in your path? I don't know that I've seen that on any of my P8 systems.

At any rate, have you checked the SystemOut.log to see if there are any exceptions being reported? If you want to verify if the right version of Stellent is being used, there is a verify.jsp page in the Navigator WAR that can used to do so.
            • SystemAdmin
              SystemAdmin
              445 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-19T21:04:54Z  in response to damorris
              Couldn't tell you on the CE PE in the path thing. I didn't do this install, just trying to live with it. :)

The systemOut.log and verify.jsp pages are very informative, but I'm afraid don't produce any enlightenment on my part. I'll attach them. here.
              • SystemAdmin
                SystemAdmin
                445 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-19T21:05:26Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                and the verify outpug...
                • damorris
                  damorris
                  765 Posts
                  ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-20T14:43:31Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                  The huge number of exceptions with regards to the certificates is definitely a problem as it's preventing SSL communication from functioning. You need to remove the invalid certificates from your keystores and replace them with valid ones. I would imagine that affects both the Java keystore for your WAS system as well as the client side browsers.
                  • SystemAdmin
                    SystemAdmin
                    445 Posts
                    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-20T20:00:10Z  in response to damorris
                    Ok, I removed the offending certificate, downloaded a new one and installed it as trusted using the java keytool. I get the same error with a better ip address.

11/20/12 13:16:25:142 CST 00000041 SystemOut O CIWEB Error: P8FHCL1Admin @ 10.1.251.151 com.ibm.ecm.beans.viewer.DocServicesSessionBean.writePage()
                    javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: com.ibm.jsse2.util.h: PKIX path building failed: java.security.cert.CertPathBuilderException: PKIXCertPathBuilderImpl could not build a valid CertPath.; internal cause is:
                    java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: The certificate issued by OU=*Go Daddy Class 2 Certification Authority*, O="The Go Daddy Group, Inc.", C=US is not trusted; internal cause is:
                    java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: Certificate chaining error

Emphasis mine.
                    • SystemAdmin
                      SystemAdmin
                      445 Posts
                      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-20T22:53:47Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                      Thanks Everybody. The certificate error was (is) defiantly related. I finally got the idea to try accessing this from a browser local on the server and the certificate chain error does not occur. I was actually kind of shocked to see the thumbnail for the first time. It's probably something to do with that certificate being "stuck" on our original demo server. Probably a non-issue at this point. We are standing up a new non-hosted ICN dev instance inside our own environment and I think this problem child may get decommissioned.

I'm not going to be sad.