Topic
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-11-16T17:00:46Z by bfoyle
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
197 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic read all documents in a program - java program

‏2012-11-16T10:18:11Z |
I would like to clean the indexes file of certain documents. To do this I am trying to retrieve all documents in the systems through a java program. At the moment I use the Rest search api to retrieve all documents. But with this option I am finding I need to keep paging the results.
Do you know a way of reading all documents within a Java program. If I was using Lucene I would read the directory but with this option I get "no segments found in the directory.
Has anyone here got some experience of reading all documents within a java program ?
Updated on 2012-11-16T17:00:46Z at 2012-11-16T17:00:46Z by bfoyle
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    197 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: read all documents in a program - java program

‏2012-11-16T10:30:11Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi Xmax,

perhaps you can try using SIAPI StreamingSearch. The last time I used that feature was with OmniFind 8.5, but as the sample is still there for ICA 3.0 I would guess it will still work (besides the SIAPI Search is declared deprecated).

Have a look at the samples in <ES_INSTALL_ROOT>\samples\siapi\StreamingSearchExample.java

Your query would be : and theoretically that should return you all the documents...

Marcell
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      197 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-16T10:31:33Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Query should be *:* of course...
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      197 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-16T12:52:06Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Hi Marcell,
      thanks for the quick reply. Yes that has worked for me. Thanks very much. This is in the SEAPI . Isn't that going to be deprecated ?

in any case cheers Marcell and have a good weekend,
      • bfoyle
        bfoyle
        60 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-16T17:00:46Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        I think the streaming portion is the one part we are going to have to keep the way it is because of the exact problem you are finding with the paging in the REST API.

bf