3 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-11-15T16:54:25Z by thalapathi
thalapathi
thalapathi
62 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Disconnecting clients from CQ schema repository and user databases

‏2012-11-15T10:28:22Z |
Hi All,

I am planning to change the CQ data code page in our multisited environment. To perform this, as a first step, I need to prevent the users to connect to the database without shutting down the database.

Is there any way to disconnect the clients from CQ repository and user databases?

Cheers,
Jose
Updated on 2012-11-15T16:54:25Z at 2012-11-15T16:54:25Z by thalapathi
  • Lumart
    Lumart
    87 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Disconnecting clients from CQ schema repository and user databases

‏2012-11-15T10:34:30Z  in response to thalapathi
    You could simply shut down the flexlm license server.
    Without a license available, a user cannot login to CQ database.
    • pdubovitsky
      pdubovitsky
      376 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-15T14:00:29Z  in response to Lumart
      Shutting down the license server might not be the best option. First, the server might host other tool licenses. Second, depending on version, clients might be allowed to proceed with a grace period when license server is not available.
      Locking user database might be a better option. In order to lock the database, set "db_locked" field to "1" in the dbglobal table. You can add meaningful message to the users in the "db_locked_info" field. In this case, all login attempts will be denied.
      In order to unlock the database, set "db_locked" to "0" and clear "db_locked_info" field.

Pavel
      • thalapathi
        thalapathi
        62 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-15T16:54:25Z  in response to pdubovitsky
        Hi Pavel/Lumart,

Thanks for your reply. I need to change the code page on the schema repo. How it's possible to change the codepage of the schema repo after locking the database.

Is it possible to run codepageutil after shutting down the flexlm server?
        Cheers,
        Jose