Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-11-15T19:36:43Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1305 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Rhapsody ReporterPLUS & Microsoft Word

‏2012-11-14T19:49:04Z |
I am trying to create a MS Word template that stores a number of macros and runs them after the Rhapsody ReporterPLUS generates the Word doc.

From the ReporterPLUS template editor, I have selected the word (.dot) template to use for the document generation. Prior to running the reporterPlus template, I've gone in and saved all of my macros to the MS Word template.

When I run the reporterPLUS generation, the document is generated without the macros that I previously saved. I would like for the document to generate, and the macros to run for figure captions, tables, etc.

It looks like the reporterPlus template only uses the styles and wipes everything out.

Has anyone tackled this before? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Updated on 2012-11-15T19:36:43Z at 2012-11-15T19:36:43Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1305 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Rhapsody ReporterPLUS & Microsoft Word

‏2012-11-14T21:14:55Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hello,

I also used a macro for generating figures table: I added it to RhapRepDot.dot template from <Rhapsody_installation_directory>/ReporterPlus/Templates subfolder (default MS Word template) and it was successful.

Regards,
    Ramona
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      1305 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Rhapsody ReporterPLUS &#38; Microsoft Word

‏2012-11-14T21:18:28Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Thanks for your response Rammona.

Did this macro run automatically? Or did you manually run this after the document was created?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1305 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-14T21:42:33Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    It is run automatically because I added Reporter Plus templates directory as Word trusted location.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1305 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-15T19:36:43Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Thanks for your responses.

Here's another issue that I'm seeing....

When I insert a bookmark into reporterPlus, [BOOKMARK: name=(«$displayName of project]»), I am not getting the name that I set in reporterPlus in the document. I'm seeing bookmark names like b1, b2, etc. It never has the actual name that I give it in reporterPlus.

Is there any way to make sure this name is passed through to the Microsoft Word document?