Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-11-14T19:58:32Z by HermannSW
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
6772 Posts

Pinned topic how to calculate Response Times in datapower?

‏2012-11-14T10:38:53Z |
Hi,

My requirement is to calculate responsetimes of a datapower service,What is the best way to do that?

And also i need a differnt count of the total transactions which had taken less than 3sec,5sec and 10 Sec......is there any way to filter and store(like log target) the transactions based on the time taken to complete the transaction?

Any idea is much appreciated,tnx in adv
Updated on 2012-11-14T19:58:32Z at 2012-11-14T19:58:32Z by HermannSW
  • HisNibs
    HisNibs
    87 Posts

Re: how to calculate Response Times in datapower?

‏2012-11-14T11:24:12Z  
    There are a number of ways to do this but I found the simplest way was to create my own log target category and ensure that was writen to the default log. Then in the service object add a transform on the response ruleset and gather variables such as

var://service/time-elapsed
    var://service/time-forwarded
    var://service/time-response-complete
    var://service/time-started

I think there are more, but you can then do some math to determine onboard time, time for endpoint to respond etc

Then in that same transform write the results to your custom log target category using the old xsl:message function to write an entry to the log
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6772 Posts

‏2012-11-14T16:51:50Z  
    • HisNibs
    • ‏2012-11-14T11:24:12Z
    There are a number of ways to do this but I found the simplest way was to create my own log target category and ensure that was writen to the default log. Then in the service object add a transform on the response ruleset and gather variables such as

var://service/time-elapsed
    var://service/time-forwarded
    var://service/time-response-complete
    var://service/time-started

I think there are more, but you can then do some math to determine onboard time, time for endpoint to respond etc

Then in that same transform write the results to your custom log target category using the old xsl:message function to write an entry to the log
    Thanks for the response..is there any way to count the number of transactions which has some 'x'(like3,5,10 etc...) secs of response time in a day..
  • HermannSW
    HermannSW
    4654 Posts

‏2012-11-14T19:58:32Z  
    Thanks for the response..is there any way to count the number of transactions which has some 'x'(like3,5,10 etc...) secs of response time in a day..
    See InfoCenter section on "Message Monitors", especially on "Message Duration Monitors":
    http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/wsdatap/v5r0m0/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.dp.xi.doc%2Fxmlfirewalldevelopersguide.xi50200.htm

Hermann<myXsltBlog/> <myXsltTweets/>