2 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-11-14T23:13:59Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
9855 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Global Workflow erxml is corrupted

‏2012-11-14T07:42:18Z |
Hi All,
I have defined a custom global role approval workflow which has code to check the approver, escalation parties of the role and trigger Mandatory access call's for the role.

The workflow has lot of code, with many script and extension nodes. It worked fine for a while, but when i keep adding more custom code, workflow is getting corrupted.

I guess its the length issue of erxml of the workflow. When i tried to copy erxml of the workflow to a notepad, only half of the code is copied.

Do you think its related to length issue of erxml? Is there any limit on erxml length ?

Please help me out if you have any pointers.
Thanks in Advance !!
Updated on 2012-11-14T23:13:59Z at 2012-11-14T23:13:59Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    9855 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Global Workflow erxml is corrupted

‏2012-11-14T08:14:50Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    This is known and IIRC there has been fixes in this area - also ensure you are using the latest Oracle Java - but the way to get a definitive answer is to raise a PMR.

My advice is anyhow to break down your big workflow into more manageable operations - it is not good practice to build these big workflows.

You can call other operations from your workflow - this makes it possible to reuse code efficiently. The overhead is limited, but not negligible - so always code with performance in mind.

HTH
    Regards
    Franz Wolfhagen
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      9855 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Global Workflow erxml is corrupted

‏2012-11-14T23:13:59Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Thanks for the advice, Will ensure to split my workflow and also use the latest Java version.