Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-11-16T17:39:04Z by Shishir
IgorL
IgorL
3 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Monitoring problem

‏2012-11-13T17:39:46Z |
Hi,

I am able to successfully connect (the message says: "Connected to WAS successfully")
However, when attempted to start monitoring I am getting the following message:
"Access is denied because of insufficient or empty credentials". I am not a WAS admin but have the authorization to use the Admin Console FOR READ ONLY. I am also able to login on the servers where WebSphere JVMs are installed. The package documentation does not state that the user of the tool must be the WAS Admin. And the monitoring that the package provides is mostly suitable for the developers/architects than for WAS admin.

Please clarify what authorization is needed to use the package. This seems to be as very useful tools and it will be very unfortunate if you cut out the audience that really needs this tool.

Thanks for your help.
Updated on 2012-11-16T17:39:04Z at 2012-11-16T17:39:04Z by Shishir
  • Shishir
    Shishir
    28 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Monitoring problem

‏2012-11-13T20:12:42Z  in response to IgorL
    Hi Igor,
    The user should have the security role of operator.
    Why? We need custom statistic set of PMI from the Perf MBean, and this is allowed for role operator and above.
    http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/wasinfo/v6r1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.websphere.javadoc.wsfep.doc%2Fweb%2FmbeanDocs%2FPerf.html

Hope this helps
    Regards
    Shishir
    • IgorL
      IgorL
      3 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-16T15:41:24Z  in response to Shishir
      Hi Shishir

Thanks for your help, I already using the tool and it is quite impressive and helpful. The only problem I encountered so far is that -
      • The tool provides the Servlet response time
      • Expand the line to see the details
      • Here among the details you see some servlets that took much longer time than the line they belong to reports.

I would like to email you the example. How I can attache it?

Another small questions - is the time reported in milliseconds (ms)?

Thanks
      Igor Livshin
      • Shishir
        Shishir
        28 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-16T17:39:04Z  in response to IgorL
        Hi Igor,
        Please check your developerworks message inbox.

Regards
        Shishir