Topic
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-11-16T05:36:03Z by browe
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
2327 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic How to upgrade the shipped Dojo version to the public release version?

‏2012-11-12T09:39:41Z |
The Dojo toolkit version shipped with Worklight 5.0 is based on 1.7.2 (the IBM version shipped with WebSphere Feature Pack for Web 2.0), and is a reduced/partial toolkit. Our project requires the use of MVC, data binding and validation. Dojo provides this functionality with modules dojox/mvc, dojox/validate, but they are missing in the Worklight Dojo version. How do I upgrade the shipped Dojo version, with the public release of 1.7.2 or 1.8.0? Or how do I add the missing modules? For development I realise this will break the Rich Page Editor, but surely it would make no differences at runtime which version of Dojo is included in my project?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2327 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: How to upgrade the shipped Dojo version to the public release version?

‏2012-11-13T17:20:29Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    R0land,

You can upgrade dojo on your own, but it is not a supported environment for Worklight. Dojo version will be upgraded in the upcoming 5.0.5 release. You can read about it in the announce letter here:

http://www-01.ibm.com/common/ssi/cgi-bin/ssialias?infotype=AN&subtype=CA&htmlfid=897/ENUS212-368&appname=USN

Barbara Hampson, Manager, IBM Worklight
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      2327 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-14T06:47:50Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Thank you Barbara for the feedback. I have attempted adding the dojo public release, but it fails with thousands of validation errors. Can I get some advice on how to add it to the project? Would I e.g. need a custom dojo build? Which Worklight files would I need to update?

I also understand that WL 5.0.5 will ship with dojo 1.8, but will this also be a stripped down/reduced version of the toolkit, as was the case with WL 5.0 and dojo 1.7.2?
      • browe
        browe
        11 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-16T05:36:03Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Hi Roland,

We can't comment on products that haven't been released. We can only share the announcement documents.
        As Barbara said, changing Dojo w/in Worklight isn't supported. You might be able to get it to work, but since it isn't supported, we can't assist with that.

If your application is a pure Mobile Web application (i.e. you aren't using PhoneGap or native calls), you may want to consider a peer product called WebSphere Application Server Developer Tools for Eclipse (WDT) served from the Eclipse Marketplace. It contains some of the same tooling and does allow one to swap out Dojo. WDT is a subset of Rational Application Developer, which also has some of the same web, web 2.0, and mobile web tools.