Topic
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-11-28T21:32:28Z by Sabarig
Sabarig
Sabarig
9 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic What is the best practice for Hybrid mobile application login page?

‏2012-11-09T21:58:14Z |
Hello all,

We are currently exploring hybrid mobile application using web experience factory and phonegap.
What is the best practice to develop the login page? Is single sign on is a standard in this scenario?
If so what is the best way to achieve that?

We tried single sign on using the default j_security_check as an action but that implementation uses the browser in the mobile device to redirect to the login page even thougth it is deployed within the phonegap app wrapper.

Is it possible to avoid this redirection so that the user experience is not taken from the "App like" experience to "browser" experience during and after login?

Any suggestions are welcome.

-Sabari
Updated on 2012-11-28T21:32:28Z at 2012-11-28T21:32:28Z by Sabarig
  • mburati
    mburati
    2540 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: What is the best practice for Hybrid mobile application login page?

‏2012-11-26T22:31:28Z  in response to Sabarig
    It sounds like you're trying to build a standalone webapp, as opposed to a portal application where Portal would be providing the login/authentication for you.

If so, it sounds like the app may be doing a redirectb on login and that may be what's kicking it out of the native webview.

Try looking for the stay-in-webview Cordova config property on the phonegap.com docs site for more info on configuring Cordova (formerly known as phonegap) to stay in the webview when switching URLs.

I hope that info helps,
    ..Mike Burati
    http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/pfwiki.nsf/
    The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies, or opinions of IBM.
    • Sabarig
      Sabarig
      9 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: What is the best practice for Hybrid mobile application login page?

‏2012-11-28T21:32:28Z  in response to mburati
      Thank you so much for replying and that works great. I set the OpenAllWhitelistURLsInWebView property in Cordova.plist of Xcode project.