Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
5 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-11-21T15:03:13Z by IsaacGraf
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
172 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Installing TBSM 4.2.1 in Failover mode

‏2012-11-09T12:00:24Z |
Hi,
I want to install TBSM 4.2.1 in Fail over mode on Unix OS . I have two physical machines, on this URL pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v3r1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.tivoli.itbsm.doc%2Finstallguide%2Ftbsm_t_configuring_failover_420.html it says that Before you begin, all Data servers, Dashboard servers and ObjectServers that you use must be installed. so do i install Data server, dashboard server and object server on each machine using the default settings from the TBSM installation media and after that start the failover configuration or do i need to do some configuration during the installation process also? please guide.
Updated on 2012-11-21T15:03:13Z at 2012-11-21T15:03:13Z by IsaacGraf
  • IsaacGraf
    IsaacGraf
    34 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Installing TBSM 4.2.1 in Failover mode

‏2012-11-09T12:08:15Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi, that's right for 421 you do not do any custom configuration for the base installation of tbsm. (For TBSM61 there is a checkbox you need to select when you install the backup data server).
    Thanks,
    Isaac
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      172 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-09T17:51:27Z  in response to IsaacGraf
      Hi,
      Thanks for the reply. Just for clarification :

1) First i install data server, dashboard server and Omnibus (NCOMS) on first machine.
      2) Secondly install data server, dashboard server and Omnibus (NCOMS-BKUP) on Second machine.

Actually i am confused about the Omnibus Part. will i have to configure the failover setup between NCOMS and NCOMS-BKUP after the installation as described here http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/ieduasst/tivv1r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.iea.netcoolomnibus/netcoolomnibus/7.2.1/configuration/createfailoverobjserv/player.html ?
  • IsaacGraf
    IsaacGraf
    34 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-12T17:52:58Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Since you have the backup omnibus on the same machine as the backup data server you don't need to go through all the usual configuration for a backup ObjectServer.
    There are some things you need to do though, which the fo_config script does not do. Those steps are listed in the sections under the following link:

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v3r1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.tivoli.itbsm.doc_4.2.1%2Fadminguide%2Fbsma_t_configuring_objectserver_communication_for_unix.html

Thanks,
    Isaac
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      172 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-17T20:53:04Z  in response to IsaacGraf
      Thanks Isaac,
      One last query, as you said i dont need to go through all the usual configuration for a backup ObjectServer.is this mean that i also dont need to configure the Bidirectional GW between the primary and backup OS and also the entries under the server editor etc.
      • IsaacGraf
        IsaacGraf
        34 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-21T15:03:13Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        You shouldn't have the configure the bidirectional gateway unless you want to customize it. The fo_config scripts does the basic configuration for the bidirectional gateway.
        I'm not sure what you mean by the entries under the server editor. You do need to do the nco_xigen configuration (steps 4-11 in the ObjectServer failover tutorial link you posted earlier). These steps are also outlined in the link in the TBSM docs:

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v3r1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.tivoli.itbsm.doc_4.2.1%2Fadminguide%2Fbsma_t_configuring_objectserver_communication_for_unix.html

hth,
        Isaac