Hi did anybody successfully moved local accounts created during installation of ILMT (tlmsvr,db2admin) to domain account - I mean switch local account to domain account?
many thx in advice
This topic has been locked.
3 replies Latest Post - 2013-04-04T11:28:23Z by SystemAdmin
Pinned topic ILMT 7.5 local users account
Answered question This question has been answered.
Unanswered question This question has not been answered yet.
Updated on 2013-04-04T11:28:23Z at 2013-04-04T11:28:23Z by SystemAdmin
Re: ILMT 7.5 local users account2012-11-21T20:01:54Z in response to SystemAdminHi Damian,
Yes, you did! :-)
Sharing with others the procedure from our mail thread:
1. After installation, switching the rights of DB2 instance to domain user
2. Switching Local Policy for processes of DB2 to domain user
3. Changing user in service
4. Granting to new user the dbadmin rights to TLMA database
db2 GRANT DBADM ON DATABASE TO MY_GROUP\MY_USER
5. ILMT side: changing tlmsrv in WAS console in section:
Global security > JAAS - J2C authentication data > LMT_JAAS_Auth
User ID: MY_GROUP\MY_USER
6. Remove local users and use just domain users according to company policy.
ILMT Central Team
The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent IBM's positions, strategies or opinions.
Please contact product support if you need IBM's official advice.
If you want to extend your knowledge of ILMT, you may check this site:
Re: ILMT 7.5 local users account2013-02-27T15:23:40Z in response to SystemAdminHi Michał Klak,
I also need to switch from a local db2admin account to a domain account.
I'm having problems to follow the instructions.
1. I cannot find any information about switching to a domain user in the link.
2. Where do I change this? Is it in Local Security Policy?
Re: ILMT 7.5 local users account2013-04-04T11:28:23Z in response to SystemAdminHi Tomas,
Ad1 During "switching" local Db2 groups to domain resources You need to execute this command:
db2extsec /u mydomain\db2users /a mydomain\db2admns
command is located in bin/sh scripts in DB2 in bin folder
Ad2 this is a command form DB2 not Local Policy
Best regards Damian