Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-11-19T07:28:19Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
2327 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Still not clear with Enterprise edition and Developer edition

‏2012-11-09T05:37:02Z |
Hi,

I have developed small mock app in WL. im using developer edition. Setting up my local machine as public ip i can access my app. i have doubt if i make my local machine as server with public then its almost equal to enterprise applicaiton with out using enterprise edition if i dont need any third party server.

Can u list out drawbacks of Developer edition. And reason for going to Enterprise edition
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    2327 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Still not clear with Enterprise edition and Developer edition

‏2012-11-09T17:17:05Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Praveen,

Yes, there are a number of reasons why you would want to move to the Consumer or Enterprise edition after evaluating the Developer Edition.

1) The Developer Edition is not for production use. Please read the terms and conditions of the license. You would need to purchase the Consumer or Enterprise edition to deploy apps into production (public or private app store).

2) The Developer Edition is a subset of the studio component included with the Consumer and Enterprise editions. It does not contain security authenticity.

3) Developer Edition utilizes the jetty server in eclipse, which only runs when eclipse is running. For a production environment you would want a standalone server that is reliable, secure, and not tied to a development IDE.
    Barbara Hampson, Manager, IBM Worklight
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      2327 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Still not clear with Enterprise edition and Developer edition

‏2012-11-19T07:28:19Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Thanks BarbaraHampson, My issue was solved.