Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-11-19T15:09:10Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
3234 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Blade Center HS21 8852 Neither AMM active or respondsing to PING

‏2012-11-08T18:17:54Z |
We have a Blade Center HS21 MT: 8852 with two AMMs installed, but now neither one is showing as active, nor can I PING the IP address, and cannot access either of the ethernet switches. I have reseated both AMMs (with and without network cable attached) with no luck getting back into the console. There are no error lights on the AMMs, only light lit is the first green one on the left (power I'm guessing)
How can I get them (one of them ) back as active?
Thanks
jr
Updated on 2012-11-19T15:09:10Z at 2012-11-19T15:09:10Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3234 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Blade Center HS21 8852 Neither AMM active or respondsing to PING

‏2012-11-09T15:28:50Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Further to this issue, I am also unable to contact either of the FC switches either, Nor will locally attached KVM work. This chassis is completely offline. I cannot access nor monitor it and need to get it back.
    Has anyone any sugestions?
    • Novikov_Alexander
      Novikov_Alexander
      1147 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-17T19:03:31Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Dear Jim,

try direct connection to AMM, try default AMM IP for ping, remove 2nd AMM, reset 1st AMM to default state (need maintenance window).

Regards,
      Alexander Novikov
      Russia, Moscow
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        3234 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-19T15:09:10Z  in response to Novikov_Alexander
        Thanks for the response Novikov,
        I ended up opening a ticket with IBM support. Seems that both of the AMMs were defective, and we replaced one for the time being. It had to be installed into Bay 2 as when it was in Bay 1, it would appear and disappear. I could always PING it, but I could not always web browse to it. The chassis is still reporting a media tray error (replacement has been ordered), which is preventing a temperature sensor from being read, and the fans are still roaring along at high speed but I am able to manage the chassis and blades again.
        Once I replace the media tray, I will install another AMM into bay 1. I dont really want to put one in that bay untill I resolve the media tray.