Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-11-12T10:50:31Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
197 Posts

Pinned topic ICA 3.0: Sentiment Analysis in French?

‏2012-11-08T17:43:10Z |
Hello,

I am new to IBM Content Analytics product.
Actually I'm using ICA 3.0.
I would like to explore positive and negative expressions (sentiment analysis) in French as it is mentionned in the IBM Content Analytics Information Center/"What's new in version 3.0", that the supported languages are English, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, and Spanish.
By default, I am able to get positive and negative expressions highlighted in English. But, after crawling french documentation, I am not able to detect french positive and negative expressions.
Could you help please?

Regards,
Updated on 2012-11-12T10:50:31Z at 2012-11-12T10:50:31Z by SystemAdmin
  • bfoyle
    bfoyle
    60 Posts

Re: ICA 3.0: Sentiment Analysis in French?

‏2012-11-08T17:48:24Z  
    Currently Sentiment models are only supported in English and Japanese. This is something that we are looking at for possible inclusion in a future release but in the meantime, you can work with our Services group to utilize ICA Studio to develop your own custom sentiment models and utilize some creative mechanisms to link them back into ICA for analysis and visualization.

If you want to pursue the building of a custom sentiment model, please send me and email and we can arrange to discuss.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    197 Posts

‏2012-11-08T18:22:49Z  
    The Text Analytics Catalog has a Sentiment annotator model that you could use. You would need to find sentiment dictionaries for French, but there are sources available for a fee or free. You would import Positive, Negative, and Negation terms into dictionaries. I don't know if the published model includes dictionaries for "always positive" or "always negative" terms and phrases, but that should be considered. For example, comparators such as happier, angrier, bigger, faster, better, etc. are not negated with a negation term. "I am not happier" doesn't mean that I am unhappy. "I have never been happier" is clearly not negative.

I have a presentation on creating a Sentiment annotator. Let me know if you would like a copy.

Ken
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    197 Posts

‏2012-11-09T09:41:20Z  
    The Text Analytics Catalog has a Sentiment annotator model that you could use. You would need to find sentiment dictionaries for French, but there are sources available for a fee or free. You would import Positive, Negative, and Negation terms into dictionaries. I don't know if the published model includes dictionaries for "always positive" or "always negative" terms and phrases, but that should be considered. For example, comparators such as happier, angrier, bigger, faster, better, etc. are not negated with a negation term. "I am not happier" doesn't mean that I am unhappy. "I have never been happier" is clearly not negative.

I have a presentation on creating a Sentiment annotator. Let me know if you would like a copy.

Ken
    Hello,

Thank you for your responses.
    Indeed, I found in the Text Analytics Catalog that there is a "German User Sentiment". I suppose it is the model you are talking about.
    Regarding the presentation on creating Sentiment annotator, I confirm you that I am interested.

Thank you in advance,

Cyril.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    197 Posts

‏2012-11-09T11:35:12Z  
    The attached presentation is a fairly high level guide -- it doesn't go through every interaction, assuming the user understands the basics of using the Studio.

There is a problem with the current version where removing an annotation from a rule only works when covered text is used to create the new annotation. That requires an extra step that will be removed when the problem is fixed.

Ken
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    197 Posts

‏2012-11-12T10:50:31Z  
    The attached presentation is a fairly high level guide -- it doesn't go through every interaction, assuming the user understands the basics of using the Studio.

There is a problem with the current version where removing an annotation from a rule only works when covered text is used to create the new annotation. That requires an extra step that will be removed when the problem is fixed.

Ken
    Hello,

Thank you for the presentation sent.

Best Regards