• 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-01-10T14:58:48Z by blueway
blueway
blueway
7 Posts

Pinned topic CICSPA Plugin 3.2.1 Records view does not work

‏2012-11-08T15:40:22Z |
Hello,

I have installed CICSPA 3.2.1 Plugin in CICS Explorer 1.1.1.0.
I suceeded to load data into the plugin using CSV files.
While trying to use the Records view I get the following error.
Any idea what's wrong?
Error
An internal error occurred during: "".

Stack:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.ibm.cics.pa.ui.views.Overview$25.run(Overview.java:653)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

Session Data:
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.fullversion=JRE 1.6.0 IBM J9 2.4 Windows XP x86-32 jvmwi3260sr9-20110203_74623 (JIT enabled, AOT enabled)
J9VM - 20110203_074623
JIT - r9_20101028_17488ifx3
GC - 20101027_AA
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=iw_IL
Framework arguments: -showlocation
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -showlocation

Regards,
Amir
Updated on 2013-01-10T14:58:48Z at 2013-01-10T14:58:48Z by blueway
  • Colin_Stone
    Colin_Stone
    30 Posts

Re: CICSPA Plugin 3.2.1 Records view does not work

‏2012-11-08T16:45:52Z  
    Hi Amir, thank you for looking at the PA plugin. Sorry you got this NPE, I've not seen this before so I would be grateful if you could supply the trace information in this case.
    The records view allows you to see database records once you have got connected to a PA database. Reading into what you were doing you state that you have loaded csv data into the plugin. Was this into the projects view or do you have a DB2 database you are connected to? Also it would help me if you told me what steps you were taking before this error happened.
    Many thanks
    Colin Stone
  • blueway
    blueway
    7 Posts

‏2012-11-11T08:31:29Z  
    Hi Amir, thank you for looking at the PA plugin. Sorry you got this NPE, I've not seen this before so I would be grateful if you could supply the trace information in this case.
    The records view allows you to see database records once you have got connected to a PA database. Reading into what you were doing you state that you have loaded csv data into the plugin. Was this into the projects view or do you have a DB2 database you are connected to? Also it would help me if you told me what steps you were taking before this error happened.
    Many thanks
    Colin Stone
    Hello Colin,

I am using CSV data in the project view (no Db2 connection).

Steps:
    1. Selecting sheet view with CSV data (no data is displayed in the records view).

2. The NPE occurs upon clicking the filter view button in the Records view.

Where whould you like me to send the trace data?

Regrads,
    Amir

amir.hershkovits@mailpoalim.co.il
  • Colin_Stone
    Colin_Stone
    30 Posts

‏2012-11-12T09:35:26Z  
    Hi Amir.

Thanks for giving me the steps for recreation I can see the issue now so I won't need the trace data after all.

The PA plugin works with both database and csv formated files. The records view is designed for database connections only so will not work with csv files. CSV files only work with the project explorer view where you can drill into them.

If you wish to use the records view you will need to create the DB2 tables on your server. You will find information about this in chapter 4 of the IBM CICS Performance Analyzer for z/OS: User guide.

But any NPE like this is important so I am grateful to you for highlighting the issue to me.
    Many thanks
    Colin
  • blueway
    blueway
    7 Posts

‏2013-01-10T13:01:25Z  
    Hi Amir.

Thanks for giving me the steps for recreation I can see the issue now so I won't need the trace data after all.

The PA plugin works with both database and csv formated files. The records view is designed for database connections only so will not work with csv files. CSV files only work with the project explorer view where you can drill into them.

If you wish to use the records view you will need to create the DB2 tables on your server. You will find information about this in chapter 4 of the IBM CICS Performance Analyzer for z/OS: User guide.

But any NPE like this is important so I am grateful to you for highlighting the issue to me.
    Many thanks
    Colin
    Hi Colin,

It took me sometime... but when I had the time I have created DB2 database for HDB performance.
    I had to updated the manifest table as the name of the table listed in the manifest was wrong (CPA_EXPLOR41 instead of CPA_CMFPSUM).
    This change enabled the CICSPA Plugin connection. I am able to watch and filter the performance records but I can't display any of the charts.
    The charts are empty and the following message are listed in the error log:

SelectableColumn: Column missing issue, invalid input file Suspend time average
    SelectableColumn: Column missing issue, invalid input file User Dispatch time average

Regards,
    Amir
  • Colin_Stone
    Colin_Stone
    30 Posts

‏2013-01-10T13:22:28Z  
    Hi Amir. Almost there, but sounds like you need to complete the create DB2 view step.

It's the view that essentially does the summarisation (i.e averaging) of the data. Hence by changing the name you have pointed at the original table which has the un-summarised data and hence the strange messages you are seeing are quoting that the columns don't exist.

I'll defer to the docs for this as they cover this area better than I can.
    Colin
  • blueway
    blueway
    7 Posts

‏2013-01-10T14:58:48Z  
    Hi Amir. Almost there, but sounds like you need to complete the create DB2 view step.

It's the view that essentially does the summarisation (i.e averaging) of the data. Hence by changing the name you have pointed at the original table which has the un-summarised data and hence the strange messages you are seeing are quoting that the columns don't exist.

I'll defer to the docs for this as they cover this area better than I can.
    Colin
    Hi Colin,

That did the trick. The DBA didn't create the view and I missed that.

Thanks for the fast reply.
    Regards,
    Amir