• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-11-07T17:21:11Z by chr_btc-es
RichaM
RichaM
70 Posts

Pinned topic Rhapsody 7.6 and Unit testing

‏2012-11-06T11:16:54Z |
I am working on Rhapsody 7.6 and testConductor version 2.4.4

I have been using animation based testing for System testing but now I am trying to use assertion based testing for unit testing.

I want to do unit testing . Please answer my following queries:

1. Can Rhapsody 7.6 with TC can be used be for Unit testing in RiCPP using assertion mode?

2. When i create a simple project with one class and create a test Architecture on this class. I am able to build my test component.
However when i create a testcase in this test package, And update and build my test cases, I start getting strange errors:

C:\Development\3.1\3.1_7.6\Subsystems\Pkg\New Folder\Project\Project\TPkg_class_0_Comp\DefaultConfig\TPkg_class_0\TCon_class_0_TestControl\CSC_SD_tc_0.h(75) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'TCon_class_0'
C:\Development\3.1\3.1_7.6\Subsystems\Pkg\New Folder\Project\Project\TPkg_class_0_Comp\DefaultConfig\TPkg_class_0\TCon_class_0_TestControl\CSC_SD_tc_0.h(188) : warning C4520: 'TPkg_class_0::TCon_class_0_TestControl::CSC_SD_tc_0' : multiple default constructors specified
TPkg_class_0\TCon_class_0_Architecture\TCon_class_0.cpp(65) : warning C4355: 'this' : used in base member initializer list
TPkg_class_0\TCon_class_0_Architecture\TCon_class_0.cpp(65) : error C2664: 'TPkg_class_0::TCon_class_0_TestControl::CSC_SD_tc_0::CSC_SD_tc_0(IOxfActive *)' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'TPkg_class_0::TCon_class_0_Architecture::TCon_class_0 *const ' to 'IOxfActive *'
Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\BIN\cl.EXE"' : return code '0x2'
Stop

Here CSC_SD_tc_0 is a arbiter class which is generated when testcase is created.
TCON_class_0 is test context class

Please help me to answer my queries
Updated on 2012-11-07T17:21:11Z at 2012-11-07T17:21:11Z by chr_btc-es
  • chr_btc-es
    chr_btc-es
    70 Posts

Re: Rhapsody 7.6 and Unit testing

‏2012-11-07T08:57:02Z  
    Hi,

1. Assertion based testing mode is available since Rhapsody 7.6 (for C++ and C).

2. Can you try to do Code->Clean and then build again, does this solve the errors?
    If not, please attach your model and I will take a look.

Regards, Christian.
  • RichaM
    RichaM
    70 Posts

‏2012-11-07T09:20:25Z  
    Hi,

1. Assertion based testing mode is available since Rhapsody 7.6 (for C++ and C).

2. Can you try to do Code->Clean and then build again, does this solve the errors?
    If not, please attach your model and I will take a look.

Regards, Christian.
    I tried building my project and was able to do so today.

However i am not able to find any sample project for assertion based testing. I am not sure how TC will judge whether my test case is passing or failing
  • chr_btc-es
    chr_btc-es
    70 Posts

‏2012-11-07T17:21:11Z  
    • RichaM
    • ‏2012-11-07T09:20:25Z
    I tried building my project and was able to do so today.

However i am not able to find any sample project for assertion based testing. I am not sure how TC will judge whether my test case is passing or failing
    Hi,

basically, TestConductor adds some assertions to the test code. These assertions are checking the return values or in/out arguments while executing the tests with the specified values. You can see this for example in the body of the DriverOperations/StubOperations in the model or in the generated code for the TestComponents.

Regarding samples, please see my answer to your other posting.

Regards, christian.