3 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-11-08T16:06:06Z by bfoyle
jgtiojanco
jgtiojanco
18 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Dictionary Collection for ICA

‏2012-11-06T09:10:51Z |
Good Day!

I would just like to ask, is there a site where we can get synonyms grouped together by industry? For example, banking. There are synonym groups for the terms loan, money, mortgage, etc.

Thanks!

Regards,
jase :)
Updated on 2012-11-08T16:06:06Z at 2012-11-08T16:06:06Z by bfoyle
  • bfoyle
    bfoyle
    29 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Dictionary Collection for ICA

‏2012-11-06T16:55:11Z  in response to jgtiojanco
    There is the start of some of this in the Text Analytics Catalog on the developerworks community.

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mydeveloperworks/blogs/36db6433-2f12-4533-9c68-489067780bfd/entry/overview3?lang=en

I would love to hear your feedback regarding specific annotation collections that we should add. We also want to have a way for the community to contribute to this catalog as well.

bf
    • jgtiojanco
      jgtiojanco
      18 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-08T03:32:41Z  in response to bfoyle
      Hello bf,

Thanks for the link. What I am looking for though is a dictionary of synonyms (*.dic) that can be used for the Enterprise Search component of ICA v 3.0. Still, I see groupings which I can make use of.

Just a little background, we're currently implementing ICA w/ ES in a bank. The difficult thing with our project is that they don't have an existing list of synonyms which we could just plunk into an XML file. :/

Again, thanks!

Regards,
      Jase
      • bfoyle
        bfoyle
        29 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-08T16:06:06Z  in response to jgtiojanco
        We don't have similar catalog of synonym dictionaries or .dic files. However, with the integration of IBM Content Analytics and Enterprise Search, you can use these UIMA annotators in a similar fashion in an enterprise search collection to generate faceted search. I think UIMA is more powerful and configurable than the xml based synonym dictionaries approach so I would advise you to head the UIMA direction and to use ICA Studio for this type of thing. Worst case, you can export the word lists from ICA Studio from any annotators you like to build your synonym dictionaries.

If you would like to set up a web conference with me, feel free to shoot an email with some available times.

bfoyle@us.ibm.com