2 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-11-08T17:32:43Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
16727 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic RFT dont return the application path

‏2012-11-05T15:29:33Z |
Hello,
I'm using RFT 8.2.1 with Windows XP in the goal to test an Eclipse application.
When I playback my test suite, the eclipse application is opened, the test try to open a file inside the eclipse application using the full path; this path is composed using a local variable and the application path (get by using the function "ConfigurationManager.getDefaultConfig().getApplicationList().getApplications()" : the problem is located in this function, it return null.

It seems that via the GUI, the list of application get from Application Configuration Tool is empty.

Who can help me to fix this issue.
Thanks.
Updated on 2012-11-08T17:32:43Z at 2012-11-08T17:32:43Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    16727 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: RFT dont return the application path

‏2012-11-05T17:32:05Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hello Nizar,

I've just tried to add this lione just before the line you mentionned and it seems to work (see below)

Vector currappls = ConfigurationManager.getCurrentConfig().getApplicationList().getApplications();
    Vector appls = ConfigurationManager.getDefaultConfig().getApplicationList().getApplications();

Don't ask me how :)

Note that I also modified the JRE used by RFT for record/playback to 16.0.0_u17 as described here: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21299641
    Now the Application Configuration Tool stores every new AUT inserted manually (RFTCFG file no more overridden)
    Hope this helps.
    Lilia
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    16727 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: RFT dont return the application path

‏2012-11-08T17:32:43Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Sorry for off-topic, but you may be interested to look at this tool for Eclipse application GUI testing. Xored Q7, http://www.xored.com/products/q7/

It's a crazy-productive, single person can easily create 20-30 new UI tests per day, while maintaining test base of thousands... It just works with Eclipse RCP, GEF, GMF, Nebula, and even RAP, and it worth to give it a try.