Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-11-14T07:19:01Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
1086 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic RDz and RAA integration.

‏2012-11-05T10:38:47Z |
I have 2 questions regarding the Asset Analyzer option in RDz.
1) When I scan (Asset analyzer option) programs from RDz, it is always scanning to the site ‘Mysite’ (RAA installation default). I am not finding options to select the site name and application name while scanning the programs. How this can be done from RDz?

2) I am able to scan programs directly from mainframe without downloading them by using MVS subproject option (after scanning the programs found stored in RAA installation directory). But it is allowing only to scan the entire MVS subproject folder, not the individual program level. Also it is not giving the options for program tree view (disabled only in this case). Is there any way to get these option enabled? I can see these details when I access the scanned programs from RAA directly.

Thanks.
Updated on 2012-11-14T07:19:01Z at 2012-11-14T07:19:01Z by SystemAdmin
  • boyerpl
    boyerpl
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: RDz and RAA integration.

‏2012-11-13T23:57:17Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    1) RAAi always uses the site whose id is 1. That happens to be MYSITE because that's the one initially stored in the database. Using the RAA web UI, you could rename MYSITE to something else. It would still have an id of 1, but the name would be different.

2) RAAi alway scans the entire project as soon as you indicate you want to add the project to the RAA repository. As you add other data sets to the project, however, they are not automatically scanned. So, you might try enabling the project before adding a data set. Then, you can scan particular members.

If the analysis of a program ended with an error, or the language is not COBOL or PL/I, the menu won't allow you to view the program tree.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      1086 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-14T07:18:43Z  in response to boyerpl
      So these are currently the limitation for RDz - RAA integration. I strongly believe, the option to add new site and Applications (or select and existing one) will help the programmer to filter later in RAA to see what he/she scanned and from where (very helpful while generating reports as well as impact analysis). Since the RAA integration of RDz is providing the capability to scan the programs from RDz, then adding a provision to select the SITE and APPLICATION name will only complete purpose of this feature.

I think I can raise an RFE for the same. Also I think the query should have been posted in RAA forum instead of RDz. I will repost this there for others benefit.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      1086 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-14T07:19:01Z  in response to boyerpl
      So these are currently the limitation for RDz - RAA integration. I strongly believe, the option to add new site and Applications (or select and existing one) will help the programmer to filter later in RAA to see what he/she scanned and from where (very helpful while generating reports as well as impact analysis). Since the RAA integration of RDz is providing the capability to scan the programs from RDz, then adding a provision to select the SITE and APPLICATION name will only complete purpose of this feature.

I think I can raise an RFE for the same. Also I think the query should have been posted in RAA forum instead of RDz. I will repost this there for others benefit.