• 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-11-17T20:49:46Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
172 Posts

Pinned topic service attrubutes under Addtional Tab

‏2012-11-05T07:05:40Z |
Hi all,
this is my first post on this forum. scenario is under TBSM 4.2.1 There are many services created using auto population rule(s). so when i checked under the properties of those services under service editor additional tab, each service has some service attributes defined with also some values in those fields. i searched on the template level but no service attributes were defined under those templates, also i have checked under the custom configuration of the auto population rules, and found nothing. so i am wandering that from where these services are getting those attributes with some values under its additional tab?
Updated on 2012-11-17T20:49:46Z at 2012-11-17T20:49:46Z by SystemAdmin
  • IsaacGraf
    IsaacGraf
    34 Posts

Re: service attrubutes under Addtional Tab

‏2012-11-05T12:37:07Z  
    Hello,

Do you have any esdas that are also getting triggered for these services? Esdas can add custom additional properties.
    Another thing to note is the custom configuration for the autpopulation rule is configured separately for each template in the autopopulation hierarchy, so make sure you verify the custom configuration link at the template level for these services.

Thanks,
    Isaac
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    172 Posts

‏2012-11-09T11:00:08Z  
    • IsaacGraf
    • ‏2012-11-05T12:37:07Z
    Hello,

Do you have any esdas that are also getting triggered for these services? Esdas can add custom additional properties.
    Another thing to note is the custom configuration for the autpopulation rule is configured separately for each template in the autopopulation hierarchy, so make sure you verify the custom configuration link at the template level for these services.

Thanks,
    Isaac
    Hi Isaac,
    There are no ESDA rules defined. I have already checked the custom configuration for each section under auto population rules but nothing is defined there, is it possible that the services inherits the service attributes from the rules automatically, using auto population rules?
  • IsaacGraf
    IsaacGraf
    34 Posts

‏2012-11-09T12:04:30Z  
    The only time a service inherits additional properties is from esda rules.
    The xml toolkit/SCR also use esdas to build the service model so if your services were at any time created or touched by esdas or the toolkit/SCR, that could explain how they inherited additional properties.
    Hope this helps,
    Isaac
  • dmcclure
    dmcclure
    54 Posts

‏2012-11-09T18:43:43Z  
    I'm not sure if you are the same person who spoke with me internally today about TBSM 4.2.1 which was integrated with TNSQM.

The additional fields are populated via event based autopopulation rules used in that integration scenario. The fields selected in those incoming status/metric rules triggering the autopop pass through and get automatically created. No additional properties needed to be configured.

HTH,

Doug
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    172 Posts

‏2012-11-17T20:49:46Z  
    • dmcclure
    • ‏2012-11-09T18:43:43Z
    I'm not sure if you are the same person who spoke with me internally today about TBSM 4.2.1 which was integrated with TNSQM.

The additional fields are populated via event based autopopulation rules used in that integration scenario. The fields selected in those incoming status/metric rules triggering the autopop pass through and get automatically created. No additional properties needed to be configured.

HTH,

Doug
    Hi Doug,
    Thanks for the answer, also i am not the one who contacted you personally.