• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-11-06T11:15:36Z by RichaM
RichaM
RichaM
70 Posts

Pinned topic Unit testing using Rational Rhapsody

‏2012-11-05T06:30:28Z |
Hi All

Till date I have been using Rhapsody as a tool for system testing.

However now if I want to use the same for Unit testing, how can i use it.

Please let me know if anyone of you has ever used TestConductor for unit testing.
Updated on 2012-11-06T11:15:36Z at 2012-11-06T11:15:36Z by RichaM
  • Jeff_Cohen
    Jeff_Cohen
    71 Posts

Re: Unit testing using Rational Rhapsody

‏2012-11-05T13:40:15Z  
    I used TestConductor for most of my unit testing. The advantage to TestConductor is that it builds the test architecture (objects to be tested, stubs, and drivers) for you automatically. In addition, it lets you perform the tests using the same types of model artifacts you use for design. Primarily, I use sequence diagrams for input/output tests.

TestConductor saves HOURS setting up, executing, and regression testing. It is well worth your trying.
  • Yevo
    Yevo
    285 Posts

‏2012-11-05T16:05:37Z  
    Rhapsody 8.0 contains Share/LangC/smxf and Share/LangCpp/Validation/sxf models, which include testing packages for framework unitesting. You can use them as an example of TestConductor usage for unitesting.
  • RichaM
    RichaM
    70 Posts

‏2012-11-06T11:15:36Z  
    • Yevo
    • ‏2012-11-05T16:05:37Z
    Rhapsody 8.0 contains Share/LangC/smxf and Share/LangCpp/Validation/sxf models, which include testing packages for framework unitesting. You can use them as an example of TestConductor usage for unitesting.
    Thanks a lot for reply.

I am using Rhapsody 7.6 and I am trying to use it for Unit testing,

1. Can Rhapsody 7.6 with TC can be used be for Unit testing in RiCPP using assertion mode?

2. When i create a simple project with one class and create a test Architecture on this class. I am able to build my test component.
    However when i create a testcase in this test package, And update and build my test cases, I start getting strange errors:

C:\Development\3.1\3.1_7.6\Subsystems\Pkg\New Folder\Project\Project\TPkg_class_0_Comp\DefaultConfig\TPkg_class_0\TCon_class_0_TestControl\CSC_SD_tc_0.h(75) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'TCon_class_0'
    C:\Development\3.1\3.1_7.6\Subsystems\Pkg\New Folder\Project\Project\TPkg_class_0_Comp\DefaultConfig\TPkg_class_0\TCon_class_0_TestControl\CSC_SD_tc_0.h(188) : warning C4520: 'TPkg_class_0::TCon_class_0_TestControl::CSC_SD_tc_0' : multiple default constructors specified
    TPkg_class_0\TCon_class_0_Architecture\TCon_class_0.cpp(65) : warning C4355: 'this' : used in base member initializer list
    TPkg_class_0\TCon_class_0_Architecture\TCon_class_0.cpp(65) : error C2664: 'TPkg_class_0::TCon_class_0_TestControl::CSC_SD_tc_0::CSC_SD_tc_0(IOxfActive *)' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'TPkg_class_0::TCon_class_0_Architecture::TCon_class_0 *const ' to 'IOxfActive *'
    Types pointed to are unrelated; conversion requires reinterpret_cast, C-style cast or function-style cast
    NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\BIN\cl.EXE"' : return code '0x2'
    Stop

Here CSC_SD_tc_0 is a arbiter class which is generated when testcase is created.
    TCON_class_0 is test context class

Please help me to answer my queries. If you can put a sample project in which unit testing is being done,it will be a great help.