Topic
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-11-06T01:10:52Z by chuck@edmonds
chuck@edmonds
chuck@edmonds
33 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic command center

‏2012-11-04T23:12:53Z |
I just installed express_c 10.1. No db2cc anymore? I know the future belongs to data studio but it is not, in it's current state, any replacement for the CC! If CC is not available for 10.1 and going forward I'm going to have to look at other options for database. And that prospect is a real downer!

Does installing data studio remove CC so that if I reinstall the database I can get CC back and forget installing data studio (which doesn't run on openSuSE 12.2 anyway).

Thanks for any information.
Updated on 2012-11-06T01:10:52Z at 2012-11-06T01:10:52Z by chuck@edmonds
  • nivanov1
    nivanov1
    53 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: command center

‏2012-11-05T20:48:01Z  in response to chuck@edmonds
    Data Studio installation does not remove anything. Control Center et al. are not shipped anymore (except Replication Center).
    • chuck@edmonds
      chuck@edmonds
      33 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: command center

‏2012-11-06T01:10:52Z  in response to nivanov1
      Well, I knew, of course, that data studio was coming but I thought they said there would be a "transition period" during which it would attain equivalent functionality. Last time I looked (I looked at work today and I have V2.2--yeah, it's apparently old and maybe is why it's so dysfunctional!) it did not compare favorably with command center. Unfortunately V3.1.1 does not run in my development environment so I can't find out how much it has improved. But obviously the "transition" period is over! I was able to scrape up a V9.7 image at work today so that will carry me a while since that is our implementation version. I just like to forge ahead a bit but that is apparently not going to happen.

If anybody is successful at getting data studio to run on opoenSuSE 12.2 I'd like to know how. There are no messages and if there is a log I can't find it. The command just returns to the prompt.....nothing!