Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2014-07-14T16:10:52Z by 5R7D_Moises_Lejter
Kanatay
Kanatay
38 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Exporting an item from Client for Windows 8.4.3 with notes and stamps

‏2012-11-04T14:54:01Z |
Hello all,

Is there a way in Client for Windows 8.4.3 to export an item with the notes and the stamps that it containes inside the system? Right now, when I export an item, it is being created on my desktop without all the notes it has inside the Client for windows. This happens in the Hebrew and in the English versions of Client for Windows. Please see the files attached.

Regards,
Kanatay
  • 5R7D_Moises_Lejter
    5R7D_Moises_Lejter
    4 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Exporting an item from Client for Windows 8.4.3 with notes and stamps

‏2014-03-07T06:56:21Z  in response to Kanatay

Hi!

Did you ever get an answer to do this, or work out an approach?

I need to do something similar.  I've tried using the web services API for CM - but it seems to give me the annotations in some binary format (application/vnd.ibm.modcap), which I don't know how to decode.  It seems the Java client libraries that come with the Java viewer can also be used to decode these - which will be my next step...

Thank you!

Moises

• 5R7D_Moises_Lejter
      5R7D_Moises_Lejter
      4 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Exporting an item from Client for Windows 8.4.3 with notes and stamps

‏2014-07-14T16:10:52Z  in response to 5R7D_Moises_Lejter

Just in case someone else runs into this :) - we ended up  using the Web Service interface offered by CM to query CM for items of interest.  The result from those queries were XML documents which included the document metadata, along with URLs to retrieve both the document itself and any annotations.  The annotations did come in this MODCA-P format - but the Java client libraries distributed with CM (I believe in a file called IBM_II_FOR_CMEE_V8.4.3_WINDOWS.zip) were enough to decode these annotation streams into Java objects with all the inforamtion in those annotations.