Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-12-05T23:24:32Z by SystemAdmin
DYFT_Rob_Brownlee
DYFT_Rob_Brownlee
2 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Issues installing the IBM Support Assistant in silent mode

‏2012-11-02T17:26:30Z |
I need to be able to install the IBM Support Assistant in silent mode, and I cannot go outside to grab the package files. I'm getting the following errors:

root@lkcme0gbpapq1 isabeta# ./installc -acceptlicense
ERROR: The com.ibm.isa.teamserver.beta2 package specified in the /hosting/tars_and_data/software/repository/isabeta/install.xml file cannot be found.
ERROR: The com.ibm.isa.tools.gcmv package specified in the /hosting/tars_and_data/software/repository/isabeta/install.xml file cannot be found.
ERROR: The com.ibm.isa.tools.gcmv.jws package specified in the /hosting/tars_and_data/software/repository/isabeta/install.xml file cannot be found.
ERROR: The com.ibm.isa.tools.healthcenter package specified in the /hosting/tars_and_data/software/repository/isabeta/install.xml file cannot be found.
ERROR: The com.ibm.isa.tools.heapanalyzer package specified in the /hosting/tars_and_data/software/repository/isabeta/install.xml file cannot be found.
ERROR: The com.ibm.isa.tools.memoryanalyzer package specified in the /hosting/tars_and_data/software/repository/isabeta/install.xml file cannot be found.
ERROR: The com.ibm.isa.tools.memoryanalyzer.jws package specified in the /hosting/tars_and_data/software/repository/isabeta/install.xml file cannot be found.
ERROR: The com.ibm.isa.tools.memoryanalyzer.web package specified in the /hosting/tars_and_data/software/repository/isabeta/install.xml file cannot be found.
ERROR: The com.ibm.isa.tools.pmat package specified in the /hosting/tars_and_data/software/repository/isabeta/install.xml file cannot be found.
ERROR: The com.ibm.isa.tools.portalloganalyzer package specified in the /hosting/tars_and_data/software/repository/isabeta/install.xml file cannot be found.
ERROR: The com.ibm.isa.tools.portchecker package specified in the /hosting/tars_and_data/software/repository/isabeta/install.xml file cannot be found.
ERROR: The com.ibm.isa.tools.tmda package specified in the /hosting/tars_and_data/software/repository/isabeta/install.xml file cannot be found.
ERROR: The com.ibm.isa.tools.tmda.jws package specified in the /hosting/tars_and_data/software/repository/isabeta/install.xml file cannot be found.
ERROR: The com.ibm.isa.tools.wascv package specified in the /hosting/tars_and_data/software/repository/isabeta/install.xml file cannot be found.
WARNING: Problem at line 8, column 74: Not Recognized Attribute: tolerance.
Updated on 2012-12-05T23:24:32Z at 2012-12-05T23:24:32Z by SystemAdmin
  • RickyHolcomb
    RickyHolcomb
    304 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Issues installing the IBM Support Assistant in silent mode

‏2012-11-02T21:30:38Z  in response to DYFT_Rob_Brownlee
    Hi Robert,

Are you saying tha you download the IBM Installation Manager package for IBM Support Assistant 5.0 beta 2 and then disconect from the internat or move that pakage to another system that does not have insternet access, then try to install using silent mode?

If that is the case then you will not be able to install with IBM Installation Manager, as you must have insternat connectivity.

We're working on a solution that would allow for local (disconnected) installation and should have it ready soon. I'd be interested in hearing more about your requirements so that we can work toward a good solution for our future releases.

Thanks,
    Ricky holcomb
    • DYFT_Rob_Brownlee
      DYFT_Rob_Brownlee
      2 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-09T19:13:02Z  in response to RickyHolcomb
      Ricky,

Thanks for the update, and I figured that was the case. There are a couple of issues for me to install in my environment. (1) I can't get out to the internet on a device (i.e. Linux machine) because it's locked down. (2) X11 is disabled. These two items are consistent on all of our machines due to our business.

What would be nice is to be able to have a web-based type application that I can install in a WAS cell. This would give us the flexibility to have one central location for the many cells we manage. I tried getting ISA up and running by just installing the EAR, but looks like more is needed to utilize the Team Server than just installing the EAR.
      • RickyHolcomb
        RickyHolcomb
        304 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-12T22:59:40Z  in response to DYFT_Rob_Brownlee
        Hello Robert,
        I will bring this to the developers attention, but I do not see away around the X11 issue for some of the tools. Note I do not think X11 server needs to be running, just setting up a virtual frame buffer as described in the release notes (X11 Display section).

As for moving the EAR file, we will need to investigate this once we have the solution that would allow for local (disconnected) installations.
        This is not supported and has has not been tested (in theory I believe it may work). You can try to copy over the /ISA5 directory minus the /_jvm and /wlp sub folders from the system where the you installed IBM Support Assistant 5.0 Beta 2 with the IBM Installation Manager. You should then have all the files you need for the EAR file install to work successfully. Then deploy the EAR file and tool WAR files by following the directions indicated here at: http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27036157

If you try this and it works please let me know.
        A few additional points I want to make clear:
        Since you will not have Installation Manager installed on the WAS Application Server, you will not be able to get automatic updates to IBM Support Assistant and the tools we ship, So I would encourage you to leave Installation Manager installed on the original system, so that you can get IBM Support Assistant updates for the EAR file and the any future tool updates (meaning the tool WAR files). You can then redeploy these to the WAS Application Server in the future.

One other key feature in Beta 2 is the automated data analysis. While you can scan your cases files and get symptoms and Knowledge based matched results, the links in those results will be dead links if you do not have internet access.

Another point, those symptoms and knowledge based results are stored in a local database in the install. If you do not have internet access, you will not be able to automatically update the database when we begin to supply these new updates. If you wanted those updates as well you would need to copy those from the IBM Installation Manager copy of IBM Support Assistant to the existing WAS Application server instance. This database is located in "\ISA5Beta2\ISA5\ToolBox\com.ibm.esupport.p1pd\tools\Lucene"

Thanks,
        Ricky Holcomb

Edited by: isa_admin on Nov 12, 2012 5:59 PM
        Updated on 2012-11-12T22:59:40Z at 2012-11-12T22:59:40Z by RickyHolcomb
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    642 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-12-05T23:24:32Z  in response to DYFT_Rob_Brownlee
    I got the same error message as noted. However, I knew that I had internet connectivity. What finally fixed it for me is going into console mode via "userinstc -acceptLicense -consoleMode" I just followed the prompts at that point. I did see an option towards the end for an EAR install. However, I don't have WAS installed on this Ubuntu 64 bit installation, so I went for stand-alone. I started up the server and so far, I've had a lot of fun using it. The updated Health Center seems to be working nicely as well. To get the Health Center working, I had to specifically browse for the javaws binary from the installation directory of ISA5Beta as system Java and the firefox java plugin I have won't work. I have my development JVM's on SR 11 and am running healthcenter there without any problems.

I must say that I'm not a fan of the IBM installation Manager in any incarnation it has taken. I don't think I would mind using the IBM installation manager for updates and such, but not for the initial install. Still, this is a great alternative for running on Linux 64 Bit versus running ISA 4.1 on 32 bit Linux.