SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
4179 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Invoking Remote EJB in Websphere6.1

‏2012-11-02T13:08:39Z |
Hi,
Environment is WMB6.1
I have an EJB deployed in the WAS6.1 and I am trying to invoke it from WMB Message Flow using Java Compute node and just the usual Initial Context. I have the ejb client jar file placed in the shared-classes folder of workpath along with a host of other jars which I have placed. They are as follows.
bootstrap.jar
ecutils.jar
ffdc.jar
ibmorb.jar
j2ee.jar
ras.jar
server.jar
com.ibm.ws.runtime_6.1.0.jar (copied from WAS server,desperate :) )
websphere_apis.jar, naming.jar, ibmorbapi.jar, com.ibm.ws.admin.client_6.1.0.jar ,com.ibm.ws.ejbportable_6.1.0.jar
I continue to get the following errors
Description:
( BROKER61.test) Java exception: ''java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError''; thrown from class name: ''com.ibm.websphere.naming.WsnInitialContextFactory'', method name: ''getInitialContext'', file: ''WsnInitialContextFactory.java'', line: '108'
( BROKER61.test) The method ''evaluate'' in Java node ''CallTest'' has thrown the following exception: 'java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com.ibm.ws.naming.util.CommonHelpers'.

So here are my questions
1. What am i missing? Any pointers would really be helpful
2. If I can invoke the EJB as webservice, would that be the better approach? If so why? Is it because the transport protocol is widely supported and have a better interoperability?

Thanks for your time and help in advance
Updated on 2012-11-12T03:03:26Z at 2012-11-12T03:03:26Z by fjb_saper
  • fjb_saper
    fjb_saper
    120 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Invoking Remote EJB in Websphere6.1

‏2012-11-12T03:03:26Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Change the EJB to be of the MDB type and send a message to it...
    The message broker is not a J2EE environment and should not be treated as such...