Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
7 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-11-14T05:01:06Z by SystemAdmin
moy6
moy6
14 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic VMControl subagent install fail on VIOS - ATKAIU124E - ATKUPD782E

‏2012-11-02T04:33:04Z |
Hi,

I have a problem installing the VMControl subagent CommonAgentSubagent_VMControl_CommonRepository-2.4.0 on a VIOS 2.2.1.4. The ISD server is running on Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise. Either by GUI or manually, the installation complains about the OS is not supported, I found the following errors in the file <director-home>\lwi\logs\error-log-0.html

==============================================================
com.ibm.usmi.services.workflows.WorkflowException: ATKAIU124E Install failed for an unknown reason. Please see the logs on the agent system for more details. Log file path = /agent/log/updateinstaller.log
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:736)
2012/10/30 13:47:57.887 WARNING This is an unsupported OS: 27 ::class.method=com.ibm.esa.logging.LogManager.log() ::thread=pool-39-thread-2
WARNING com.ibm.director.im.services.CreateReposService.getReposTargetMEPCriteria(CreateReposService.java:339) - No servers found which performs an Image Repository system role

2012/10/30 15:53:39.523 WARNING Subagent install failed: ATKUPD782E An error occurred while installing "null" on system "IBM 8202E4C 06D0CBR 1". Restart the Common Agent on the managed system, verify connectivity to the system, and try again. Error: CWPWS8522E: There is no configuration to process the target element "{http://docs.oasis-open.org/wss/2004/01/oasis-200401-wss-wssecurity-secext-1.0.xsd}BinarySecurityToken": com.ibm.pvcws.wss.internal.core.WSSConsumer.invokeTC(). ::class.method=com.ibm.usmi.services.workflows.cas.CommonAgentServiceSubagentInstaller.installFeature() ::thread=ManagedThreadPool-thread-16 ::loggername=com.ibm.usmi.services.workflows
2012/10/30 15:53:39.523 WARNING @@com.ibm.sysmgmt.utils.SessionService.getCurrent().getLocale()=en_US ::class.method=com.ibm.usmi.services.workflows.util.WorkflowsStringFetcher.getResourceString() ::thread=ManagedThreadPool-thread-16 ::loggername=com.ibm.usmi.services.workflows.util
2012/10/30 15:53:39.820 SEVERE ********** unexpected exception: ::class.method=AgentInstallTask.run() ::thread=ManagedThreadPool-thread-16 ::loggername=com.ibm.director.console.agentinstall.task

com.ibm.usmi.services.workflows.WorkflowException: ATKAIU124E Install failed for an unknown reason. Please see the logs on the agent system for more details. Log file path = /agent/log/updateinstaller.log

==============================================================
The following has been verified:
  • The common agent is running in the VIOS
  • Access to the VIOS is OK
  • Inventory on VIOS is OK
  • Protocols shown in the inventory include: CAS, CIM, SSH

The subagent was attempted to install manually as well although it shows the error:
=================================
  1. ./lwiupdatemgr.sh -installFeatures -featureId com.ibm.director.im.cr.agent.installer -fromSite jar:file:/home/padmin/com.ibm.director.im.cr.agent.installer.zip\!/site.xml -toSite "file:/opt/ibm/director/agent/runtime/agent/subagents/eclipse/"

(1478) Update site not found: file:/opt/ibm/director/agent/runtime/agent/subagents/eclipse/
=================================

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Updated on 2012-11-14T05:01:06Z at 2012-11-14T05:01:06Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    13279 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: VMControl subagent install fail on VIOS - ATKAIU124E - ATKUPD782E

‏2012-11-12T03:43:36Z  in response to moy6
    I face the same problem as you when I install VMC Agent for my VIOS 2.2.1.4.

And even worse, when I upgrade Director Common Agent to 6.3.0.1 on other AIX servers,

DirectorCommonAgent 6.3.0.1 COMMITTED All required files of Director
    DirectorPlatformAgent 6.3.0.0 COMMITTED Director Platform Agent for
    DirectorCommonAgent 6.3.0.1 COMMITTED All required files of Director
    DirectorPlatformAgent 6.3.0.0 COMMITTED Director Platform Agent for

VMC Agent(version 2.4, 2.4.1 and 2.4.1.1 ) can't be installed on these AIX servers.

I guess there's some incompatibility issue between Director Common Agent 6.3.0.1 and VMC Agent2.4.*.

After I apply System Director fix 6.3.1.1, there is still this problem.
    • moy6
      moy6
      14 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-12T14:37:18Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      I was able to fix this problem by installing the VMC sub-agent manually.
      1. Log in to the VIOS
      2. Issue #oem_setup_env
      3. Create a temporary directory /home/padmin/vmc-rep-subagent
      4. #cd /home/padmin/vmc-rep-subagent
      5. Copy over the agent from the Director server
      1. scp root@<ISD system>:/opt/ibm/director/packaging/agent/CommonAgentSubagent_VMControl_CommonRepository_2.4.0/com.ibm.director.im.cr.agent.installer.zip .
      6. Then install the package, the original instructions on the Director website specify the wrong eclipse path for the Common Repository sub-agent (http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/director/pubs/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.director.vim.helps.doc%2Ffsd0_vim_t_installing_agent_manual.html)
      1. cd /opt/ibm/director/agent/bin
      2. ./lwiupdatemgr.sh -installFeatures -featureId com.ibm.director.im.cr.agent.installer -fromSite jar:file:/home/padmin/vmc-rep-subagent/com.ibm.director.im.cr.agent.installer.zip\!/site.xml -toSite "file:/var/opt/tivoli/ep/runtime/agent/subagents/eclipse/"

Finally, the VIOS must be restarted and collect an inventory using the 'All Inventory' profile in Systems Director.

I hope you can fix this problem too.
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        13279 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-13T06:24:20Z  in response to moy6
        I work it out as you told. Thank you very much!

It seems like new version of common agent changes the plugin path for sub agents and web wizard doesn't aware it. Formerly I tried a manual installation using the old path and got the error "(1478) Update site not found: file:/opt/ibm/director/agent/runtime/agent/subagents/eclipse/".

Thank you again and hope IBM can fix this problem as soon as possible! These days I have been exhausted to make my VMControl working!
        • moy6
          moy6
          14 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-13T14:02:37Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          I'm glad to hear of your sub-agent installation is working!. And yes, at least the Info Center instructions should be updated until this is fixed when you use the agent installation wizard in ISD.

Regards.
          • SystemAdmin
            SystemAdmin
            13279 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-13T14:51:33Z  in response to moy6
            It's said that there will be some big change in IBM's cloud strategy. Maybe current version of VMControl will reach end of life and be replaced by something new based upon OpenStack.
    • gcorneau
      gcorneau
      234 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-12T14:38:49Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      This is likely caused by the following bug:
      http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?&uid=nas77933de3aa198f2f586257a4100243af0

Glen Corneau
      IBM Power Systems Advanced Technical Skills
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        13279 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-14T05:01:06Z  in response to gcorneau
        It's another reason. I have posted it. thank you all the same.