Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-01-02T22:46:31Z by ValleyGirl
ValleyGirl
ValleyGirl
9 Posts

Pinned topic XML input

‏2012-11-01T20:09:30Z |
I created a preliminary XML file to test if I can generate a report with it. Everything works fine. (YEY) Now I want to finalize the XML file and I want to keep my original query results of the XML data. Do I need to clear that data and use the schema from the finalized XML file? I can't find another way to do this? It seems like a pain having to clear all my queries out just because I added a couple of more pieces of data to the XML file. Anyone know how to do this?
Updated on 2013-01-02T22:46:31Z at 2013-01-02T22:46:31Z by ValleyGirl
  • oymsj001
    oymsj001
    15 Posts

Re: XML input

‏2012-11-15T00:43:46Z  
    Hi ValleyGirl,

Can you please give us a little more information or an example of what you are trying to achieve? Do you mean an XML schema description? Or using an XML file to generate a DSX file?

Sam
  • ValleyGirl
    ValleyGirl
    9 Posts

‏2013-01-02T22:45:47Z  
    • oymsj001
    • ‏2012-11-15T00:43:46Z
    Hi ValleyGirl,

Can you please give us a little more information or an example of what you are trying to achieve? Do you mean an XML schema description? Or using an XML file to generate a DSX file?

Sam
    Hi Sam!

I have since figured out my problem. After looking around I realized that I could replace or update the XML schema through the Outline tab. I was not sure how to do this, so I kept manually replacing the schema and queries to it. This is okay for small amounts of data or playing around. But it started getting annoying after doing real work. So I have since figured it out. Thanks for your reply.

VG
  • ValleyGirl
    ValleyGirl
    9 Posts

‏2013-01-02T22:46:31Z  
    Hi Sam!

I have since figured out my problem. After looking around I realized that I could replace or update the XML schema through the Outline tab. I was not sure how to do this, so I kept manually replacing the schema and queries to it. This is okay for small amounts of data or playing around. But it started getting annoying after doing real work. So I have since figured it out. Thanks for your reply.

VG
    Question answered!