Topic
5 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-03-20T21:20:58Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
53 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic How to stop a monitor from running

‏2012-11-01T19:22:50Z |
I have a couple of monitors that I want to temporarily disable. What would be the best way to disable them (I don't want to delete them)?
Running FSM 4.5
Thanks in advance
Updated on 2013-03-20T21:20:58Z at 2013-03-20T21:20:58Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    53 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: How to stop a monitor from running

‏2012-11-01T20:17:03Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Launch Monitoring Manager.

Open the monitoring configuration for whatever client that you want to disable monitors for.

For each monitor that you want to disable, open for edit.

In the "Execution period" box, click the "Advanced" button.

In the resulting "Execution times" pop-up, for "Months", put "Feb" (no quotes). For "Days of month", put "31" (no quotes).

You are basically telling the monitor that it can run only on Feb 31, which is impossible.

To restore back to default, there is a "Defaults" button in the "Execution times" pop-up.

NOTE: You can also tell that the "Execution times" is not the default values when you open the monitor for edit if the "Advanced" button is in blue text. If it is default, it will be black text.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      53 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-20T19:38:30Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Hi jkIBM, I have a quick follow-up question to your response. We have 10 servers that we are monitoring with FSM. There are multiple monitors for each server. 1) Do I need to perform the execution schedule change for each monitor? Is there an option to make a bulk edit? 2) Also I noticed an option called, "Ping this host", when I right click on a host and go to edit. If I uncheck this option, would that help any?
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        53 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-03-20T19:53:46Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Unfortunately, there is no other way to disable monitors. I have actually made a suggestion to development to have a checkbox on the list view of the monitors to be able to easily enable/disable monitors. That way, you don't even have to open the monitor configuration for edit, and it would be very easy to see which monitors are enabled. That would be nice, but I don't know of any plans to do this.

I would not touch anything in the Host Editor. That does not have to do with what monitors are enabled or not.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    53 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-02T13:26:48Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Works like a charm. Thank you.