Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-11-05T18:51:10Z by Jeffreo
Jeffreo
Jeffreo
3 Posts

Pinned topic cannot Load WSRR Governance Enablement Profile on WSRR V8 for Windows

‏2012-11-01T15:53:15Z |
I have installed WebSphere Service Registry and Repository V8 trial edition on Windows 7 using the Evaluation installation with apparently no issues. However, I'm unable to perform the First Steps Load WSRR Governance Enablement Profile. The errors I'm getting are:

WASX7023E: Error creating "SOAP" connection to host "localhost"; exception information: com.ibm.websphere.management.exception.ConnectorNotAvailableException: SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Protocol; msg=; targetException=java.net.MalformedURLException
WASX7213I: This scripting client is not connected to a server process; please refer to the log file C:\IBM\WebSphere\WSRR\v8.0\profiles\WSRRSrv01\logs\wsadmin.traceout for additional information.
WASX8011W: AdminTask object is not available.

The wsadmin.traceout file indicates: com.ibm.websphere.management.exception.ConnectorException: ADMC0016E: The system cannot create a SOAP connector to connect to host localhost at port 8880.
But I have verified that port 8880 is what's configured in my wsadmin.properties file.

I have tried changing the file wsadmin.properties to invoke RMI instead of SOAP, but that gets a different but "similar" error.

One other error I have gotten since rebooting is "SQL 5005C System Error" at start-up.

Please help.
Updated on 2012-11-05T18:51:10Z at 2012-11-05T18:51:10Z by Jeffreo
  • Jeffreo
    Jeffreo
    3 Posts

Re: cannot Load WSRR Governance Enablement Profile on WSRR V8 for Windows

‏2012-11-02T15:10:51Z  
    Update: I have resolved the "SQL 5005C System Error", and my DB2 is up and running. But, still getting the identical SOAP Exception while trying to load the WSRR Governance Enablement Profile. Any help is appreciated.
  • johnduffell
    johnduffell
    9 Posts

‏2012-11-02T15:25:03Z  
    • Jeffreo
    • ‏2012-11-02T15:10:51Z
    Update: I have resolved the "SQL 5005C System Error", and my DB2 is up and running. But, still getting the identical SOAP Exception while trying to load the WSRR Governance Enablement Profile. Any help is appreciated.
    Hi Jeff,

It might be worth looking to find the root cause exception, usually the exception you see is caused by some other exception, perhaps Connection refused, or an authentication error.

It's also worth checking that there are no firewall rules restricting communication.

John

John Duffell, Test, WebSphere Service Registry and Repository
  • Jeffreo
    Jeffreo
    3 Posts

‏2012-11-05T18:51:10Z  
    Hi Jeff,

It might be worth looking to find the root cause exception, usually the exception you see is caused by some other exception, perhaps Connection refused, or an authentication error.

It's also worth checking that there are no firewall rules restricting communication.

John

John Duffell, Test, WebSphere Service Registry and Repository
    I got it working now. Thanks for the reply, John. /thread