Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-11-01T21:49:52Z by sstarkey
sstarkey
sstarkey
9 Posts

Pinned topic Unable to Deploy application error

‏2012-11-01T14:34:51Z |
I recently re-installed BigInsights on top of a previous install.

Now my application icons are missing. The applications are there, but the icons are not.

When I attempt to deploy an application, I am getting an error message which says:

Unable to Deploy. Error in opening zip file.

I have attached my install log. There are some errors in the log, but they don't seem related to my problem.

I appreciate your help!

Thanks,

Scott
Updated on 2012-11-01T21:49:52Z at 2012-11-01T21:49:52Z by sstarkey
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    603 Posts

Re: Unable to Deploy application error

‏2012-11-01T18:53:04Z  
    Hi Scott,

It could be the metadata for apps does not match the physical files, hence you get broken icons. I remember seeing this issue come up before, and the quickest way to resolve the issue was to uninstall/reinstall BigInsights.

The following technote has the detailed steps on how to run uninstall script and then manually clean up some left over directories.
    http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21593340

Please make sure to perform the manual clean up steps on all nodes (if you have more than 1).

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Zach
  • sstarkey
    sstarkey
    9 Posts

Re: Unable to Deploy application error

‏2012-11-01T21:49:52Z  
    Hi Scott,

It could be the metadata for apps does not match the physical files, hence you get broken icons. I remember seeing this issue come up before, and the quickest way to resolve the issue was to uninstall/reinstall BigInsights.

The following technote has the detailed steps on how to run uninstall script and then manually clean up some left over directories.
    http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21593340

Please make sure to perform the manual clean up steps on all nodes (if you have more than 1).

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Zach
    Zach,

That worked. Thank you!