Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-11-05T10:01:51Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
849 Posts

Pinned topic DMH1309E - Not resolved inspite of user action

‏2012-11-01T07:02:31Z |
Hi,

When trying to scan a the inventory attached, the JCL scan returned error DMH1309E.
The user response for this error code was referred and the PROC was assigned to a concatenation set & this was tagged to the application being scanned.

However, we are still facing the same error. We tried with few other samples and got the same error.

Can you please help us with this?

Thanks!
Updated on 2012-11-05T10:01:51Z at 2012-11-05T10:01:51Z by SystemAdmin
  • jcdelmo
    jcdelmo
    352 Posts

    Re: DMH1309E - Not resolved inspite of user action

    ‏2012-11-01T16:51:44Z  
    1) What version of RAA are you running?

    2) Would you try removing the extension (.prc) from the TESTPROC.prc file and reanalyzing ?

    RAA is designed to accept the extension, however in my reproducing your error I noticed it work without the extension (TESTPROC).

    If you get the same results, please let me know as I will open a work item against whatever version you are running and get it addressed in a fix-pack.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    849 Posts

    Re: DMH1309E - Not resolved inspite of user action

    ‏2012-11-02T06:36:27Z  
    • jcdelmo
    • ‏2012-11-01T16:51:44Z
    1) What version of RAA are you running?

    2) Would you try removing the extension (.prc) from the TESTPROC.prc file and reanalyzing ?

    RAA is designed to accept the extension, however in my reproducing your error I noticed it work without the extension (TESTPROC).

    If you get the same results, please let me know as I will open a work item against whatever version you are running and get it addressed in a fix-pack.
    Thank you, Jcdelmo. Removing the extension resolved it.

    This brings up a generic question in this regard:
    For what type of files does RAA expect extension & when should we avoid file extensions?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    849 Posts

    Re: DMH1309E - Not resolved inspite of user action

    ‏2012-11-02T09:17:31Z  
    • jcdelmo
    • ‏2012-11-01T16:51:44Z
    1) What version of RAA are you running?

    2) Would you try removing the extension (.prc) from the TESTPROC.prc file and reanalyzing ?

    RAA is designed to accept the extension, however in my reproducing your error I noticed it work without the extension (TESTPROC).

    If you get the same results, please let me know as I will open a work item against whatever version you are running and get it addressed in a fix-pack.
    Hi JCDELMO,

    We also experienced issues with extensions. Especially with extension 'txt' (not checked in 6.0.0.10). So as a best practice we always remove the extension for all the components (in one shot) using DOS REN command and scan by RAA.

    Also there were issues when the folder names are having spaces (long names). So we use only short name for RAA installation directory and asset folders.
  • jcdelmo
    jcdelmo
    352 Posts

    Re: DMH1309E - Not resolved inspite of user action

    ‏2012-11-02T14:45:21Z  
    Thank you, Jcdelmo. Removing the extension resolved it.

    This brings up a generic question in this regard:
    For what type of files does RAA expect extension & when should we avoid file extensions?
    RAA's design is to accept well-known extensions (see Analyzers.cfg file in <installDir>/config directory)

    However, based on your experience, I will open two work items to see what is not working properly in v6.0.0.10. One for extensions and one for spaces in directory names.

    Both should be working, but obviously not.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    849 Posts

    Re: DMH1309E - Not resolved inspite of user action

    ‏2012-11-05T10:01:51Z  
    • jcdelmo
    • ‏2012-11-02T14:45:21Z
    RAA's design is to accept well-known extensions (see Analyzers.cfg file in <installDir>/config directory)

    However, based on your experience, I will open two work items to see what is not working properly in v6.0.0.10. One for extensions and one for spaces in directory names.

    Both should be working, but obviously not.
    Thanks.