Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-01-22T20:16:14Z by morganri
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
139 Posts

Pinned topic Dont know how to create Windows Server instance

‏2012-10-31T09:53:35Z |
I would like to instantiate a windows server.
I go to the control panel -> view asset catalog. I select "Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 (32-bit) (EHN)". {unique ID: B53EBCBB-8A7E-9D6E-F1EB-CD88CD27ABE7}
I click "Start an instance of your image".
It goes back to the Control Panel, with the title "Add Instance".
But the image list is empty. The datacenter filter is empty.
When I try to click "Next", an error message pops-up: "please select an image to continue".
I am unable to select any image, because the list is empty.
I am unable to continue.
what am I doing wrong?
Updated on 2013-01-22T20:16:14Z at 2013-01-22T20:16:14Z by morganri
  • pessetto
    pessetto
    17 Posts

Re: Dont know how to create Windows Server instance

‏2012-10-31T10:45:27Z  
    The Assets repository is not specific based on the account you are signed into. The Assets repository represents all things in SCE -whether the account you are signed into has it available or not.

Please note we have customized the catalog of images and configurations that we make available in the Trial account -our Trial account does not reflect the full public catalog available to customers when they open their own SmartCloud Enterprise account.

For an up to date list of what we've made available in the Trial account please go here:
    http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/cloud/try
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    139 Posts

‏2012-10-31T11:34:55Z  
    ah, I see.
    OK, thanks.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    139 Posts

‏2013-01-22T07:44:18Z  
    ah, I see.
    OK, thanks.
    Hi,

Like to know how did you create your windows instance and i want to run Lotus Domino Utility server on it and deploy my customized applications on it, can you please support.
  • morganri
    morganri
    109 Posts

‏2013-01-22T20:16:14Z  
    Hi,

Like to know how did you create your windows instance and i want to run Lotus Domino Utility server on it and deploy my customized applications on it, can you please support.
    Hi cts2013,

The Windows Instance is not currently available in the Trial Account profile, you would need a different account to launch that asset type.

//Rich