Topic
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-10-31T18:58:52Z by Offline
211 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic File access removed in one domain

‏2012-10-30T19:09:32Z |
I have this weird issue on one of our boxes. All of a sudden I have lost write access to local:/ in one domain. I can list the files but as read-only and trying to delete a file in the domain I get an "access denied" message.
I have run this as both sysadmin and as privileged user but it is still the same. Sysadmin is the only group on the box and all users have access to all domains so there are no "special" rights or permissions setup at all.

I I swap to the default domain I can delete and add files from the affected domain and switching back to that domain I can see the changes done from the default domain.

The domain is running normally so the system has access to the files in there, WTX maps and XSLT's.

I also tried exporting the domain but doing so the files are NOT included in teh export.zip file. The same happens if I export from the default domain, the files are missing in the export package.

Anyone have a clue on why this might have happened and how I can fix it?

Regards,
Anders
Updated on 2012-10-31T18:58:52Z at 2012-10-31T18:58:52Z by Offline
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6772 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: File access removed in one domain

‏2012-10-31T02:48:58Z  in response to Offline
    > Offline wrote:
    > I have this weird issue on one of our boxes. All of a sudden I have lost write access to local:/ in one domain. I can list the files but as read-only and trying to delete a file in the domain I get an "access denied" message.
    > I have run this as both sysadmin and as privileged user but it is still the same. Sysadmin is the only group on the box and all users have access to all domains so there are no "special" rights or permissions setup at all.
    >

The sysadmin group you need to check CLI groups and you need have file management added in the CLI group. But the other thing which doesn't make any sense for me you having privileged access still not able to delete the file. Unless someone has restricted you to that particular domain you should be able to delete the file.

Hope this helps,
    Kumar
      211 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: File access removed in one domain

‏2012-10-31T18:58:52Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Turns out the settings for file permissions had been removed from the domain somehow... None of the privileged users of the appliance claims to have touched the settings but somehow the file permissions had been removed. How that happens will remain a mystery I am afraid... :o

Regards,
      Anders