Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
8 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-10-30T19:08:04Z by RickyHolcomb
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
642 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic ISA 5 Team Server unable to create case

‏2012-10-29T18:41:28Z |
I used IM to install ISA5 and all the tools as a standalone server. When attempting to create a new case, the interface just spins. Is there a known issue with the case creation mechanism? Is there something I could tweak to allow me to make a case in the UI?
Updated on 2012-10-30T19:08:04Z at 2012-10-30T19:08:04Z by RickyHolcomb
  • RickyHolcomb
    RickyHolcomb
    305 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: ISA 5 Team Server unable to create case

‏2012-10-29T20:42:32Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hello Dan,

This sounds like a possible issue with write permissions to the location of the case files. Please note that it is recommended that the user who installed the product also be the user that starts the server.

It also depends how you installed with Installation Manager.

1). Did you Install with "-accessRights admin", "-accessRights nonAdmin' or did you not specify during the install?

2). What OS did you install on?

5). What was the privileges of the user that installed the application?

4). What is the privileges for the user starting the application?

5). Is the same user that install the same that is starting IBM Support Assistant?

Thanks,
    Ricky Holcomb
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      642 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-29T20:54:26Z  in response to RickyHolcomb
      1) No extra values specified.
      2) RHEL 5
      3) Root
      4) Root
      5) Yes

<redacted>:/www/ISA5Beta2/ISA5/isa> ls -l
      total 8
      drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Oct 29 08:50 cases
      drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Oct 29 08:50 log
      lsdewas27:/www/ISA5Beta2/ISA5/isa> whoami
      root
      <redacted>:/www/ISA5Beta2/ISA5/isa>
      • RickyHolcomb
        RickyHolcomb
        305 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-29T21:24:13Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Hello Dan,

1). Are you able to select the existing case 0000 and perform any file actions and or scan the 0000 example case?

2). Do you receive any errors when attempting to create a new case or are you not able to access the create new case tab file at all.

Thanks,
        Ricky Holcomb
        • SystemAdmin
          SystemAdmin
          642 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-30T01:07:29Z  in response to RickyHolcomb
          Hey Ricky,

Thanks so much for your attention on this issue.

1) Yes. I am able to open the example case, view files and add files to the case.
          2) I do not get an error, at least not from the UI, and I don't know where else I might look for an error on this. I click the cases popout, click Add and the box that lists the cases grays out along with the add and delete buttons and gives a spinning/working cursor when you hover over it. I can still enter the title and the description, but these will never save. I can close and open the popout and it will remain the same until I refresh the page. It is then gone and no new case is there. I have waited up to about 10 mins for the case to add with no success.
          • RickyHolcomb
            RickyHolcomb
            305 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-30T17:49:41Z  in response to SystemAdmin
            Hello Dan,
            can you look inb the /isa/cases folder and see what is listed for cases. You should aleast have a /0000 folder and I would like to see if you have any other folders that where created like /0001, /0002, etc. Also what does the permissions look like for the /0000 case folder? There should also be a collect_isa.sh in the ISA5 install directory. Could you launch that script and then attach that output to the forum? It should be labled something like "isa.dump-12.10.30_12.42.29.zip"

Thanks,
            Ricky Holcomb
            • SystemAdmin
              SystemAdmin
              642 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-30T19:07:30Z  in response to RickyHolcomb
              Hey Ricky,

So working on gathering info to reply here, I realized I somehow had multiple instances of ISA 5 running. I think I didn't stop the running processes between re-installs (assuming IM would do that), which resulted in the orphaned process which, it seems, was somehow not letting me save cases. I was able to save a case now. Thanks for your help!
              Updated on 2012-10-30T19:07:30Z at 2012-10-30T19:07:30Z by SystemAdmin
            • SystemAdmin
              SystemAdmin
              642 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-30T18:26:28Z  in response to RickyHolcomb
              Hey Ricky,

While gathering answers to your questions I happened to peek at ps and found I had 2 instances of ISA running. I think I didn't stop the server in-between my re-install (I assumed IM would do that) and that resulted in the extra process running. It seems this somehow had me locked up on the case creation. I am able to create cases now. Thanks so much for your help.
              • RickyHolcomb
                RickyHolcomb
                305 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-30T19:08:04Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                Hi Dan,

Thank you for the update. I am happy to here all is working now. I will make sure that we add this to our FAQ for IBM Support Assistant 5.0 beta 2 documentation.

Thanks,
                Ricky Holcomb
                Updated on 2012-10-30T19:08:04Z at 2012-10-30T19:08:04Z by RickyHolcomb