1305 Posts

Pinned topic Eclipse: problem opening 2 projects

‏2012-10-29T14:39:06Z |
Hello Rhapsody Folk,

Working in Windows XP SP3
1.6.0_31-b05
Eclipse Juno Service Release 1 20121004-1855
Rhapsody 7.4 migrating to 8.0.5066837

I am having troubles opening two existing projects (edited previously with standalone Rhapsody 8.0) inside Eclipse.
Both projects are saved in the same directory.
  • One is named abc, and is considered as a library.
  • The second is named abc_de. This projects contains specific stuff but is also refering to some content in project abc. Inside Rhapsody, there is absolutely no problem working on these two projects.

c:\projects
c:\projects\abc.rpy
c:\projects\abc_de.rpy
c:\projects\abc\
c:\projects\abc_de\

Inside Eclipse, opening project abc is OK. All units appears in Unit view. However, when I open project abc_de I get the following error:
Invalid project description.
C:\projects overlaps the location of another project: 'abc'

The second project then seems ok in model browser, we can edit projects, except that it does not appears in unit view... (sad, I'm evaluating Eclipse+Rhapsody mainly for SVN integration). Also, when I restart Eclipse, only project abc remains open, I have to re-import project abc_de.

Isn't it possible to work on two Rhapsody projects, stored in the same directory, inside Eclipse?

Thanks in advance,

Regards

Valère Déjardin
STMicroelectronics
Updated on 2012-11-02T10:02:13Z at 2012-11-02T10:02:13Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1305 Posts

Re: Eclipse: problem opening 2 projects

‏2012-10-30T09:21:20Z  
    Hi,

I made some additional tries on my projects. The "abc_de references abc" aspect of the projects has no impact. Both projects appears OK when opening them alone, from scratch, and opening the second generate the three parts of the pb: Error pop up, new project does not appears in Unit view, project diseappears from project view when restarting Eclipse.

Moving one of the two projects in another directory, everything goes OK, but there is some historical background that prevents this.

Valère
  • GidiGal
    GidiGal
    22 Posts

‏2012-10-30T10:38:09Z  
    Hi,

I made some additional tries on my projects. The "abc_de references abc" aspect of the projects has no impact. Both projects appears OK when opening them alone, from scratch, and opening the second generate the three parts of the pb: Error pop up, new project does not appears in Unit view, project diseappears from project view when restarting Eclipse.

Moving one of the two projects in another directory, everything goes OK, but there is some historical background that prevents this.

Valère
    Hello Valère,

This is a limitation of Rhapsody integration with Eclipse, caused by Eclipse limitation. When importing Rhapsody model into Eclipse, Rhapsody creates Eclipse project for the model in the same location as the rpy file. Eclipse project file is called .project. The constant file name causes that two Eclipse projects cannot be created in the same location. You can try creating two java projects in Eclipse in the same location. By the time you try to add the location for the second project, you'll get an error similar to the one you saw.
    When importing two models from the same location, you'll get a collision based on the Eclipse limitation.

Best regards,
    Gidi
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1305 Posts

‏2012-11-02T10:02:13Z  
    • GidiGal
    • ‏2012-10-30T10:38:09Z
    Hello Valère,

This is a limitation of Rhapsody integration with Eclipse, caused by Eclipse limitation. When importing Rhapsody model into Eclipse, Rhapsody creates Eclipse project for the model in the same location as the rpy file. Eclipse project file is called .project. The constant file name causes that two Eclipse projects cannot be created in the same location. You can try creating two java projects in Eclipse in the same location. By the time you try to add the location for the second project, you'll get an error similar to the one you saw.
    When importing two models from the same location, you'll get a collision based on the Eclipse limitation.

Best regards,
    Gidi
    Hello Gidi,

Many thanks for the clear explaination!

Valère