Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-11-06T17:31:38Z by sdibm
sdibm
sdibm
19 Posts

Pinned topic 7.6.1.2 new element has to be renamed twice?

‏2012-10-26T20:01:59Z |
When I add a new element like a component or class, it adds the element with a generic name like component_0. So I edit that name in the model view. Then when I go to the features of that element, the name is still the generic component_0, so I have to edit that name as well. How can I make it so that the model view name is the name in the features?
Updated on 2012-11-06T17:31:38Z at 2012-11-06T17:31:38Z by sdibm
  • Champagne
    Champagne
    42 Posts

Re: 7.6.1.2 new element has to be renamed twice?

‏2012-10-29T12:32:21Z  
    Hi,
    I suspect that you have your browser set to display labels.
    To explain, there are at least three subtly different ways to configure the "names" you see in the browser.
    1. Select Label Mode from the "View" menu (this shows the labels of each element rather than the actual name)
    2. De-select Label mode from the "View" menu (this shows the name of each element rather than the label)
    3. Select "Show Labels" from the "view" -> "Browser display options" menu (this shows the label rather than the actual name)

with "mode" 1 & 2 changes made to the name (or label) in the browser will also change the label (or name) in "mode" 3 only the label is changed.

I think it's a bug - I keep meaning to raise it but I keep forgetting because I alwways use browsers label mode (mode 1 above).

Hope this helps, also I hope it's right it seems to be from the quick test I've conducted.

Paul
  • sdibm
    sdibm
    19 Posts

Re: 7.6.1.2 new element has to be renamed twice?

‏2012-11-06T17:31:38Z  
    thanks! I'm not sure I followed your suggestions, I just unchecked view labels from display browser settings and got it to work.