Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-01-11T12:34:38Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
445 Posts

Pinned topic Getting syntax

‏2012-10-26T14:45:49Z |
Right, I have an output file, is it possible to convert that into syntax in someway to prevent me from rerunning everything again once I add something?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    445 Posts

Re: Getting syntax

‏2012-10-26T15:05:12Z  
    A little context would be helpful in trying to understand your question.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    445 Posts

‏2012-10-28T15:42:23Z  
    A little context would be helpful in trying to understand your question.
    I have an output file created using the GUI of SPSS. Is it possible to show the syntax seperately in some way?
    I'm seeing the syntax between each "output", but again I'm struggling with copying that etc.

Is it possible to get all the syntax for one output file?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    445 Posts

‏2012-10-28T20:47:35Z  
    I have an output file created using the GUI of SPSS. Is it possible to show the syntax seperately in some way?
    I'm seeing the syntax between each "output", but again I'm struggling with copying that etc.

Is it possible to get all the syntax for one output file?
    The syntax for each procedure shows up in the Notes table for that procedure, and transformation syntax goes into log blocks. The spv file, therefore, has it all but not in one place.

If you want all the syntax together, look in your journal file. It's location is specified in Edit >Options>Files, and you can choose whether to overwrite or append for each session.

Of course, if you generally operate by using the Paste button in the dialogs, you can accumulate the syntax in a syntax window.

HTH,
    Jon Peck
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    445 Posts

‏2013-01-11T12:34:38Z  
    Just copy and paste from the output file to a syntax file and save.