Topic
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-11-02T12:42:19Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
197 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic ICA 2.2.0.3 "The collection is not available. [...]"

‏2012-10-26T09:12:55Z |
I am using ICA 2.2.0.3 on a sandbox environment (VM-wares). It is a multi-server configuration. The sandbox is a different domain from my own computer and when I try to access the textminer application it shows the infamous +"The collection is not available. Confirm that the search server is running and that collections are available."+-message. Of course I have a collection available and the search is running.
I don't have any security configured (it is web-data I am trying to analyse), and that is by design.
esadmin system checkall says everything is OK, and the configurations are in sync.
I am at a loss, can anyone point me in a direction to get this thing to work? I have a presention in a week and a half.....
Updated on 2012-11-02T12:42:19Z at 2012-11-02T12:42:19Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    197 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: ICA 2.2.0.3 "The collection is not available. [...]"

‏2012-10-26T11:37:01Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Additional info:

The audit log on the search server shows this:

<OFMsg>402653901"1"1351241401961"#com.ibm.es.oze.searchui.common.ESExceptionHandler.push"0"18" " " NLSIVM142.sdmc.ao-srv.com" ESExceptionHandler.java"117"3 Uitzonderingstekst = java.lang.NullPointerException
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.ibm.es.oze.searchui.analytics.view.AnalyticsView.getFacetedQuery(AnalyticsView.java:371)
    at com.ibm.es.oze.searchui.analytics.view.TimeScaleView.execute(TimeScaleView.java:116)
    at com.ibm.es.oze.searchui.analytics.view.TimeSeriesView.load(TimeSeriesView.java:34)
    at com.ibm.es.oze.searchui.analytics.actions.ICAAction.getTimeSeriesView(ICAAction.java:152)
    at com.ibm.es.oze.searchui.analytics.actions.ICAAction.doPost(ICAAction.java:99)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:511)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1166)
    at com.ibm.es.oze.searchui.util.InitEncodingFilter.doFilter(InitEncodingFilter.java:64)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:388)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:182)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:418)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:542)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:938)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:755)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:218)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:404)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.bio.SocketConnector$Connection.run(SocketConnector.java:228)
    at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:582)
    ""</OFMsg>
    • bfoyle
      bfoyle
      60 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-31T15:44:59Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      It's been quite awhile since I've seen this but if I recall, I would just stop and restart ICA and it would come back appropriately.
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        197 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-11-02T12:42:19Z  in response to bfoyle
        Thanks for the reply Bob. Unfortunately that didn't do the trick (restarting the services and the servers), but upgrading to ICA 3.0.0.1 did. I upgraded to the new version after I was adviced to do so by Mark Rice.