Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-11-02T12:42:19Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
197 Posts

Pinned topic ICA 2.2.0.3 "The collection is not available. [...]"

‏2012-10-26T09:12:55Z |
I am using ICA 2.2.0.3 on a sandbox environment (VM-wares). It is a multi-server configuration. The sandbox is a different domain from my own computer and when I try to access the textminer application it shows the infamous +"The collection is not available. Confirm that the search server is running and that collections are available."+-message. Of course I have a collection available and the search is running.
I don't have any security configured (it is web-data I am trying to analyse), and that is by design.
esadmin system checkall says everything is OK, and the configurations are in sync.
I am at a loss, can anyone point me in a direction to get this thing to work? I have a presention in a week and a half.....
Updated on 2012-11-02T12:42:19Z at 2012-11-02T12:42:19Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    197 Posts

Re: ICA 2.2.0.3 "The collection is not available. [...]"

‏2012-10-26T11:37:01Z  
    Additional info:

The audit log on the search server shows this:

<OFMsg>402653901"1"1351241401961"#com.ibm.es.oze.searchui.common.ESExceptionHandler.push"0"18" " " NLSIVM142.sdmc.ao-srv.com" ESExceptionHandler.java"117"3 Uitzonderingstekst = java.lang.NullPointerException
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.ibm.es.oze.searchui.analytics.view.AnalyticsView.getFacetedQuery(AnalyticsView.java:371)
    at com.ibm.es.oze.searchui.analytics.view.TimeScaleView.execute(TimeScaleView.java:116)
    at com.ibm.es.oze.searchui.analytics.view.TimeSeriesView.load(TimeSeriesView.java:34)
    at com.ibm.es.oze.searchui.analytics.actions.ICAAction.getTimeSeriesView(ICAAction.java:152)
    at com.ibm.es.oze.searchui.analytics.actions.ICAAction.doPost(ICAAction.java:99)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:511)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1166)
    at com.ibm.es.oze.searchui.util.InitEncodingFilter.doFilter(InitEncodingFilter.java:64)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:388)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:182)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:418)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:542)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:938)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:755)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:218)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:404)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.bio.SocketConnector$Connection.run(SocketConnector.java:228)
    at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:582)
    ""</OFMsg>
  • bfoyle
    bfoyle
    60 Posts

‏2012-10-31T15:44:59Z  
    Additional info:

The audit log on the search server shows this:

<OFMsg>402653901"1"1351241401961"#com.ibm.es.oze.searchui.common.ESExceptionHandler.push"0"18" " " NLSIVM142.sdmc.ao-srv.com" ESExceptionHandler.java"117"3 Uitzonderingstekst = java.lang.NullPointerException
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.ibm.es.oze.searchui.analytics.view.AnalyticsView.getFacetedQuery(AnalyticsView.java:371)
    at com.ibm.es.oze.searchui.analytics.view.TimeScaleView.execute(TimeScaleView.java:116)
    at com.ibm.es.oze.searchui.analytics.view.TimeSeriesView.load(TimeSeriesView.java:34)
    at com.ibm.es.oze.searchui.analytics.actions.ICAAction.getTimeSeriesView(ICAAction.java:152)
    at com.ibm.es.oze.searchui.analytics.actions.ICAAction.doPost(ICAAction.java:99)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:511)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1166)
    at com.ibm.es.oze.searchui.util.InitEncodingFilter.doFilter(InitEncodingFilter.java:64)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:388)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:182)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:418)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:542)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:938)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:755)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:218)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:404)
    at org.mortbay.jetty.bio.SocketConnector$Connection.run(SocketConnector.java:228)
    at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:582)
    ""</OFMsg>
    It's been quite awhile since I've seen this but if I recall, I would just stop and restart ICA and it would come back appropriately.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    197 Posts

‏2012-11-02T12:42:19Z  
    • bfoyle
    • ‏2012-10-31T15:44:59Z
    It's been quite awhile since I've seen this but if I recall, I would just stop and restart ICA and it would come back appropriately.
    Thanks for the reply Bob. Unfortunately that didn't do the trick (restarting the services and the servers), but upgrading to ICA 3.0.0.1 did. I upgraded to the new version after I was adviced to do so by Mark Rice.