Topic
  • 26 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-12-07T21:10:51Z by robbinma
hcai
hcai
21 Posts

Pinned topic WHY Message Tracking is always empty?

‏2012-10-25T23:25:07Z |
Hi Expert,

I try to export ChartOfAccounts data into a flatfile or xml file. here are steps that I did:

1. create Object Structure: HCCOA
Duplicate MXCOA. Object structure = HCCOA
Its object: CHARTOFACCOUNTS
Outbound Definition Class: ???
Inbound Processing Class: psdi.iface.app.coa.MaxCOAProcess
Object order : 1
2. CREATE an end point
Duplicate MXFLATFILE
End Point: HCFLATFILE
FILEDIR = C:\IBM\SMP\MAXIMO\maximo\logs
mxe.int.globaldir = C:\IBM\SMP\MAXIMO\maximo\integration-globaldir
3. Create a publish channel
Publish Channel: HCCOAOUT
Object Structure: HCCOA
Processing Class: ??
Interface Table: HCCOA_IFACEOUT
Object: CHARTOFACCOUNTS
4. Created External System
System: HCSYS
•Enabled? = Yes
•Outbound Sequential Queue = jms/maximo/int/queues/sqout
•Inbound Sequential Queue = jms/maximo/int/queues/sqin
•Inbound Continuous Queue = jms/maximo/int/queues/cqin
FILEDIR: C:\IBM\SMP\MAXIMO\maximo\logs
Tab: publish channels: HCCOAOUT
5. Cron Task
Interface table polling task
Corn task:IFACETABLECONSUMER
Class: psdi.iface.intertable.IfaceTbCronTask
JMS Sequential Queue Consumer
Corn task:JMSQSEQCONSUMER
Class: psdi.iface.jms.JMSQueueCronTask

I didn't see any file created and Message Tracking is always empty.

Please help.
Helen
Updated on 2012-12-07T21:10:51Z at 2012-12-07T21:10:51Z by robbinma
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

Re: WHY Message Tracking is always empty?

‏2012-10-26T08:14:24Z  
    Hi Helen,

A few suggestions:
    • make sure Message Tracking is enabled for the Publish Channel (action menu)
    • make sure the listener is enabled for the Publish Channel (action menu) in order to get files from user transactions
    • the IFACETABLECONSUMER crontask is not relevant when using flat/xml files, but verify that the JMSQSEQCONSUMER crontask is actually running by looking at the "last run" timestamp
    • any errors in application Message Reprocessing ?
    • enable logging for Integration on Debug level
    • check the Maximo logs for relevant messages

Regards,
    Jakob
  • hcai
    hcai
    21 Posts

‏2012-10-26T22:29:09Z  
    Hi Helen,

A few suggestions:
    • make sure Message Tracking is enabled for the Publish Channel (action menu)
    • make sure the listener is enabled for the Publish Channel (action menu) in order to get files from user transactions
    • the IFACETABLECONSUMER crontask is not relevant when using flat/xml files, but verify that the JMSQSEQCONSUMER crontask is actually running by looking at the "last run" timestamp
    • any errors in application Message Reprocessing ?
    • enable logging for Integration on Debug level
    • check the Maximo logs for relevant messages

Regards,
    Jakob
    Hi Jakob,

Thanks for help.
    1. I setup Message Tracking is enabled
    2. setup the Publish Channel is enable.
    3. How can I 'see' JMSQSEQCONSUMER cron task work or not for my publish channel?
    4. There is no record in Message Reprocessing (Goto->Integration->Msg Reprocessing)
    5. How can I enable a log for Integration on Debug Level 1?
    6. Where can I check Maximo log?

Thanks
    Helen
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2012-10-29T14:22:36Z  
    • hcai
    • ‏2012-10-26T22:29:09Z
    Hi Jakob,

Thanks for help.
    1. I setup Message Tracking is enabled
    2. setup the Publish Channel is enable.
    3. How can I 'see' JMSQSEQCONSUMER cron task work or not for my publish channel?
    4. There is no record in Message Reprocessing (Goto->Integration->Msg Reprocessing)
    5. How can I enable a log for Integration on Debug Level 1?
    6. Where can I check Maximo log?

Thanks
    Helen
    Hi Helen,

3. If the timestamp is an actual one, then the cron task works in general. You can't see if it works for a particular Publish Channel.
    5. You can configure this in the application System Configuration > Logging.
    6. It's located in a subfolder of Websphere. Doing a search for file "SystemOut.log" might show it.

Regards,
    Jakob
  • hcai
    hcai
    21 Posts

‏2012-10-30T22:31:26Z  
    Hi Helen,

3. If the timestamp is an actual one, then the cron task works in general. You can't see if it works for a particular Publish Channel.
    5. You can configure this in the application System Configuration > Logging.
    6. It's located in a subfolder of Websphere. Doing a search for file "SystemOut.log" might show it.

Regards,
    Jakob
    Hi Bacchus13,

Thank you. I found some SystemOut.log in different sub directories.

Anyway, the document said that "To enable an e-mail listener to JMS queues, you must configure MDB"
    I found Email Listener JMS is not deployed in my ejb-jar.xml and so does MEA MDB part. Do you think that is the reason that Message Tracking is always empty?

Thanks
    Helen
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2012-10-31T06:49:14Z  
    • hcai
    • ‏2012-10-30T22:31:26Z
    Hi Bacchus13,

Thank you. I found some SystemOut.log in different sub directories.

Anyway, the document said that "To enable an e-mail listener to JMS queues, you must configure MDB"
    I found Email Listener JMS is not deployed in my ejb-jar.xml and so does MEA MDB part. Do you think that is the reason that Message Tracking is always empty?

Thanks
    Helen
    The e-mail listener is not related to Message Tracking.
    I would focus on Logging integration events on DEBUG level and then investigate the Maximo logs.
    A typical location would be something similar to:
    \ibm\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\ctgAppSrv01\logs\MXServer

Regards,
    Jakob
  • hcai
    hcai
    21 Posts

‏2012-10-31T15:25:32Z  
    The e-mail listener is not related to Message Tracking.
    I would focus on Logging integration events on DEBUG level and then investigate the Maximo logs.
    A typical location would be something similar to:
    \ibm\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\ctgAppSrv01\logs\MXServer

Regards,
    Jakob
    Hi Jakob,

Thank you for help. I found systemOut.log and systemErr.log under D:\ibm\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\ctgAppSrv01\logs\MXTest. I think MXTEST is my test Maximo.
  • hcai
    hcai
    21 Posts

‏2012-10-31T15:26:54Z  
    • hcai
    • ‏2012-10-31T15:25:32Z
    Hi Jakob,

Thank you for help. I found systemOut.log and systemErr.log under D:\ibm\WebSphere\AppServer\profiles\ctgAppSrv01\logs\MXTest. I think MXTEST is my test Maximo.
    Here is systemErr.log.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts

‏2012-11-01T12:33:12Z  
    • hcai
    • ‏2012-10-31T15:26:54Z
    Here is systemErr.log.
    No clues in the logs as far as I can see.
    You might've reached the point of opening a support call with IBM.
  • robbinma
    robbinma
    55 Posts

‏2012-11-04T15:33:12Z  
    • hcai
    • ‏2012-10-31T15:25:32Z
    Hi Jakob,

Hello,

can you stop and restart the Maximo server and provide a new copy of the log files.
    If there are problems with the configuration/buses then they will show up on startup.

Best regards
  • hcai
    hcai
    21 Posts

‏2012-11-05T16:42:20Z  
    • robbinma
    • ‏2012-11-04T15:33:12Z
    Hello,

can you stop and restart the Maximo server and provide a new copy of the log files.
    If there are problems with the configuration/buses then they will show up on startup.

Best regards
    Hi Robbinma,

Thank you. I didn't restart the Maximo server, maybe other did it since I found the systemOut.log is new (attached). However systemErr.log is old. Can you find anything wrong?

Thanks
    Helen
  • hcai
    hcai
    21 Posts

‏2012-11-05T16:43:53Z  
    • hcai
    • ‏2012-11-05T16:42:20Z
    Hi Robbinma,

Thank you. I didn't restart the Maximo server, maybe other did it since I found the systemOut.log is new (attached). However systemErr.log is old. Can you find anything wrong?

Thanks
    Helen
    The systemErr is attached here. Thanks again Helen
  • robbinma
    robbinma
    55 Posts

‏2012-11-05T22:37:28Z  
    • hcai
    • ‏2012-11-05T16:42:20Z
    Hi Robbinma,

Thanks
    Helen
    hello Helen,

unfortunately these logs do not have evidence of a restart.

If you could capture the logs immediately after the server has been restarted then it may be possible to understand what is happening.

thanks,

Robbinma
  • hcai
    hcai
    21 Posts

‏2012-11-07T16:41:10Z  
    • robbinma
    • ‏2012-11-05T22:37:28Z
    hello Helen,

unfortunately these logs do not have evidence of a restart.

If you could capture the logs immediately after the server has been restarted then it may be possible to understand what is happening.

thanks,

Robbinma
    HI Robbinma,

Thanks. I restart my Maximo app server yesterday. I got a new SystemOut.log (attached), but SystemErr.log is NOT created. I found there are two app servers for MaximoTST: mxtest and mxcron. Why two servers for one application? I will attached mxcron too.

Thanks
    Helen
  • hcai
    hcai
    21 Posts

‏2012-11-07T16:42:17Z  
    • hcai
    • ‏2012-11-07T16:41:10Z
    HI Robbinma,

Thanks. I restart my Maximo app server yesterday. I got a new SystemOut.log (attached), but SystemErr.log is NOT created. I found there are two app servers for MaximoTST: mxtest and mxcron. Why two servers for one application? I will attached mxcron too.

Thanks
    Helen
    Here is SystemOut.log whenI restart mxcron server.
  • robbinma
    robbinma
    55 Posts

‏2012-11-07T22:16:58Z  
    • hcai
    • ‏2012-11-07T16:41:10Z
    HI Robbinma,

Thanks
    Helen
    Thanks for the logs.

You asked why you would have two servers.
    The name suggests that the second server is dedicated to running the cron jobs. This is normally setup if a system is expected to have a lot of cron jobs/escalations running as it takes the load away from the JVM that the users login to.
    It looks like there are a number of problems.

There are several user account related problems:

BMXAA0035E - The user name DEFLT1 is not recognized. Please contact your system administrator.

BMXAA0035E - The user name SYSADM is not recognized. Please contact your system administrator.

The more serious problems are:
    INFO Interface table polling task::IFACETABLECONSUMER.HCCronTask started for system::null with dburl=

The interface HCCrontaask task isn't setup correctly. It needs DB connection details set in the end point (don't forget to disable the external system first as the end point information is cached)

The JMS queues used to store messages to display in message tracking aren't setup correctly.
    It looks like the JNDI Name for at least one queue (jms/maximo/int/queues/sqin) isn't defined in websphere.
    Unfortunately checking/configuring websphere is too complex for a conversation like this.
    Context: ctgCell01/nodes/ctgNode01/servers/MXTest, name: jms/maximo/int/queues/sqin: First component in name jms/maximo/int/queues/sqin not found.
    javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Context: ctgCell01/nodes/ctgNode01/servers/MXTest, name: jms/maximo/int/queues/sqin: First component in name jms/maximo/int/queues/sqin not found. Root exception is org.omg.CosNaming.NamingContextPackage.NotFound: IDL:omg.org/CosNaming/NamingContext/NotFound:1.0

BMXAA1581E - No object with name {0} setup in JNDI tree. Check JMS/JNDI setup in the server Admin Console.
    psdi.util.MXApplicationException: BMXAA1581E - No object with name {0} setup in JNDI tree. Check JMS/JNDI setup in the server Admin Console.
  • hcai
    hcai
    21 Posts

‏2012-11-07T22:36:26Z  
    • robbinma
    • ‏2012-11-07T22:16:58Z
    Thanks for the logs.

You asked why you would have two servers.
    The name suggests that the second server is dedicated to running the cron jobs. This is normally setup if a system is expected to have a lot of cron jobs/escalations running as it takes the load away from the JVM that the users login to.
    It looks like there are a number of problems.

There are several user account related problems:

BMXAA0035E - The user name DEFLT1 is not recognized. Please contact your system administrator.

BMXAA0035E - The user name SYSADM is not recognized. Please contact your system administrator.

The more serious problems are:
    INFO Interface table polling task::IFACETABLECONSUMER.HCCronTask started for system::null with dburl=

The interface HCCrontaask task isn't setup correctly. It needs DB connection details set in the end point (don't forget to disable the external system first as the end point information is cached)

The JMS queues used to store messages to display in message tracking aren't setup correctly.
    It looks like the JNDI Name for at least one queue (jms/maximo/int/queues/sqin) isn't defined in websphere.
    Unfortunately checking/configuring websphere is too complex for a conversation like this.
    Context: ctgCell01/nodes/ctgNode01/servers/MXTest, name: jms/maximo/int/queues/sqin: First component in name jms/maximo/int/queues/sqin not found.
    javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Context: ctgCell01/nodes/ctgNode01/servers/MXTest, name: jms/maximo/int/queues/sqin: First component in name jms/maximo/int/queues/sqin not found. Root exception is org.omg.CosNaming.NamingContextPackage.NotFound: IDL:omg.org/CosNaming/NamingContext/NotFound:1.0

BMXAA1581E - No object with name {0} setup in JNDI tree. Check JMS/JNDI setup in the server Admin Console.
    psdi.util.MXApplicationException: BMXAA1581E - No object with name {0} setup in JNDI tree. Check JMS/JNDI setup in the server Admin Console.
    Hi Robbinma,

Thank you very much. I am going to contact my system admin and hope to be back to you soon

Helen
  • robbinma
    robbinma
    55 Posts

‏2012-11-13T22:38:02Z  
    • hcai
    • ‏2012-11-07T22:36:26Z
    Hi Robbinma,

Thank you very much. I am going to contact my system admin and hope to be back to you soon

Helen
    Hello Helen.

Did your sysadmin resolve the issue?
  • hcai
    hcai
    21 Posts

‏2012-11-14T00:07:39Z  
    • robbinma
    • ‏2012-11-13T22:38:02Z
    Hello Helen.

Did your sysadmin resolve the issue?
    Hi Robbinma,

Thanks for help. I have not fixed the problem that you found in the log file yet. Sorry. I am working on other project and hope to be back to Maximo soon.

Thanks you very much.
    Talk to you soon
    Helen
  • hcai
    hcai
    21 Posts

‏2012-11-15T22:13:18Z  
    • hcai
    • ‏2012-11-14T00:07:39Z
    Hi Robbinma,

Thanks for help. I have not fixed the problem that you found in the log file yet. Sorry. I am working on other project and hope to be back to Maximo soon.

Thanks you very much.
    Talk to you soon
    Helen
    Hi Robbinma,

Good afternoon. I check my cron task and I found there is "FLATFILECONSUMER" taht is for inbound process from a flat file. As I understand, it is a standard cron task. I can create an instance from FLATFILECONSUMER to my endpoint: HCFLATFILE taht I duplicate from MXFLATFILE.

How can I create a cron task that can outbound chartofAccount into a flat file or .xml? I wonder maybe I need to outbound COA data successfully first.

Thanks
    Helen
  • hcai
    hcai
    21 Posts

‏2012-11-15T23:32:05Z  
    • hcai
    • ‏2012-11-15T22:13:18Z
    Hi Robbinma,

Good afternoon. I check my cron task and I found there is "FLATFILECONSUMER" taht is for inbound process from a flat file. As I understand, it is a standard cron task. I can create an instance from FLATFILECONSUMER to my endpoint: HCFLATFILE taht I duplicate from MXFLATFILE.

How can I create a cron task that can outbound chartofAccount into a flat file or .xml? I wonder maybe I need to outbound COA data successfully first.

Thanks
    Helen
    Hi Robbinma,

Other more serious problems:
    1. IFACETABLECONSUMER.HCCronTask, its end point is HCCOAIFACE_IN, duplicated from MXIFACETABLE. However I don't know how to setup the parameters

End Point = HCCOAIFACETABLE
    Driver = com.inet.tds.TdsDriver (??? What is it? Is it correct for me?)
    it should be kind of "oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"?
    IsRemote = 0
    Password = xxxx? is it password to login as maximaadmin?
    URL = jdbc:oracle:thin:@phcsrptdb.peacehealth.org:1521:lsfrpt
  • hcai
    hcai
    21 Posts

‏2012-11-15T23:34:47Z  
    • hcai
    • ‏2012-11-15T23:32:05Z
    Hi Robbinma,

1. IFACETABLECONSUMER.HCCronTask, its end point is HCCOAIFACE_IN, duplicated from MXIFACETABLE. However I don't know how to setup the parameters

IsRemote = 0
    Sorry, let continue:
    is my oracle database URL???
    How can I setup which data need to be inbound into ChartOfAccount in Maximo?

Thanks
    Helen
  • hcai
    hcai
    21 Posts

‏2012-11-15T23:37:43Z  
    • hcai
    • ‏2012-11-15T23:34:47Z
    Sorry, let continue:

Thanks
    Helen
    HCCOAIFACETABLE and HCCOAIFACE_IN are bath duplicated from MXIFACETABLE
    HCCOAIFACE_IN's parameters are all NULL values.

Thanks
    Helen
  • robbinma
    robbinma
    55 Posts

‏2012-11-18T22:18:14Z  
    • hcai
    • ‏2012-11-15T23:32:05Z
    Hi Robbinma,

IsRemote = 0
    yes this should be the Oracle driver name.
    This is the driver that should be loaded to communicate to the database.

the username/password are the details to login to the far end database
  • robbinma
    robbinma
    55 Posts

‏2012-11-18T22:23:45Z  
    • hcai
    • ‏2012-11-15T23:34:47Z
    Sorry, let continue:

Thanks
    Helen
    I haven't got my Maximo VM to hand so this is from memory.

You need to check the definition of the Enterprise Service (incoming interfaces) or publish service (outgoing).
    It should contain an object reference.
    That can be changed so that it references different attributes.