Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2012-10-29T21:52:08Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
642 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Local ISA v5 beta2 repository

‏2012-10-25T21:00:08Z |
Our corporate policy is that we cannot have Installation Manager connect to external resources. Even with a proxy, that traffic gets throttled. We cannot use anything that works that way.
Is there a complete current repository containing ISA5 beta2 and the tools that I can download via Download Director? Something I can use entirely locally. Will there be when it leaves beta?
Updated on 2012-10-29T21:52:08Z at 2012-10-29T21:52:08Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    642 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Local ISA v5 beta2 repository

‏2012-10-27T17:18:26Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Well, I have a (bad) workaround... I installed to my company laptop from home using my personal bandwidth. But I still cannot install to a shared server for the whole team to try. Well, unless I make my laptop the server. Not loving that idea, but it is a workaround.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      642 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-29T21:07:47Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Hi,
      You're right, that's not a great workaround. We're working on a solution that would allow for local (disconnected) installation and should have it ready soon. I'd be interested in talking to you about your requirements so that we can work toward a good solution for our future releases. May I contact you offline to discuss?

Thanks,
      ...Jim
      IBM Support Assistant
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        642 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2012-10-29T21:52:08Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Hi Jim. Thanks for answering. Hit me up offline anytime. My contact info is in the profile somewhere isn't it?

Our requirements are really easy, actually... We just need to be able to maintain a repository within our intranet ourselves. We already do this with WebSphere Application Server ND and the Developer Edition, built and maintained using Package Updater. This is really the simplest way to do it. You already have the repository, people just need to be able to download it.

As I was typing this just now I came up with a blindingly obvious way to do this. Since I have access to the ISA5 Beta2 online repo from home, and also have the Pachaging Updater, I can simply build our own repo from that using PU. That's too easy to have thought of the first time around innit?

Thanks!