Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-10-29T18:07:26Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
109 Posts

Pinned topic HELP! about CATPCA (categorical principal component analysis)

‏2012-10-25T18:44:15Z |
Hello all:

I wonder if anyone knows how to create new components after finishing running the CATPCA command on SPSS?
I think in SAS one can easily write a command and the software would automatically create new components (i.e., Factor 1, 2, 3...etc.) according to the component loadings.
But I am not sure how this can be done on SPSS.

Anyone?

Thanks!
A@L
Updated on 2012-10-29T18:07:26Z at 2012-10-29T18:07:26Z by SystemAdmin
  • dmatheson
    dmatheson
    3 Posts

Re: HELP! about CATPCA (categorical principal component analysis)

‏2012-10-25T20:07:07Z  
    If you save object scores, CATPCA will save scores on the dimensions (i.e. the components or factors in the factor procedure) to the current data file or a dataset or file that you specify. If you're running CATPCA from the GUI, or menu system, click the Save button on the right side of the Categorical Principal Components dialog. In the Save dialog, you'll see check boxes to save object scores in the lower right corner of the dialog.
    If you're running CATPCA from a syntax command, use the /SAVE subcommand within the CATPCA command to save object scores, as in:
    /SAVE=OBJECT

By default, these scores will be given names like OBSCO1_1 and OBSCO2_1 for scores on 2 dimensions from the first CATPCA job to save scores to the file. Scores from the next run with 3 dimensions for example, would be OBSCO1_2, OBSCO2_2, and OBSCO3_2. You can replace the rootname OBSCO with a rootname of choice by adding that name in parentheses after OBJECT in the /SAVE subcommand, as in
    /SAVE = OBJECT(PREFDIM)

to make PREFDIM the rootname for the saved object scores.

David Matheson
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    109 Posts

Re: HELP! about CATPCA (categorical principal component analysis)

‏2012-10-29T18:07:26Z  
    • dmatheson
    • ‏2012-10-25T20:07:07Z
    If you save object scores, CATPCA will save scores on the dimensions (i.e. the components or factors in the factor procedure) to the current data file or a dataset or file that you specify. If you're running CATPCA from the GUI, or menu system, click the Save button on the right side of the Categorical Principal Components dialog. In the Save dialog, you'll see check boxes to save object scores in the lower right corner of the dialog.
    If you're running CATPCA from a syntax command, use the /SAVE subcommand within the CATPCA command to save object scores, as in:
    /SAVE=OBJECT

By default, these scores will be given names like OBSCO1_1 and OBSCO2_1 for scores on 2 dimensions from the first CATPCA job to save scores to the file. Scores from the next run with 3 dimensions for example, would be OBSCO1_2, OBSCO2_2, and OBSCO3_2. You can replace the rootname OBSCO with a rootname of choice by adding that name in parentheses after OBJECT in the /SAVE subcommand, as in
    /SAVE = OBJECT(PREFDIM)

to make PREFDIM the rootname for the saved object scores.

David Matheson
    Thanks David!